Why become a member? ×

Cog Custom ordered :) Seems to be a lot of these threads at the mo! :)

Wooks79

Yep, it's a custom order at the minute. Reckon Tom's introducing it to his stock range this year though! Another thing he put on mine is internal switches to alter the range of the filter control so you can get some really varied tones out of it, not just the aggressive cut of the original!

Hello chaps, some very kind words above, thanks very much :)

The TK-421 (Rat based) and the TK-421-X (Rat based bass beast - details [url="http://www.cogeffects.co.uk/maximum-stoverdrive.php"]HERE[/url]) are both available, and will be added to the site as soon as I get chance to get away from the workshop! Also being added to the site soon will be the Dual Tarkin, Dual Knightfall and the T-65 Octave, and down the line is a germanium boost (this is ready and available but lower priority than the others!), tap tempo analog delay, and an LPF I'm working on for Shep that may well become stock.

I need more hours in a day...

[quote name='TG Flatline' timestamp='1394806383' post='2395443']
Hello chaps, some very kind words above, thanks very much :)

The TK-421 (Rat based) and the TK-421-X (Rat based bass beast - details [url="http://www.cogeffects.co.uk/maximum-stoverdrive.php"]HERE[/url]) are both available, and will be added to the site as soon as I get chance to get away from the workshop! Also being added to the site soon will be the Dual Tarkin, Dual Knightfall and the T-65 Octave, and down the line is a germanium boost (this is ready and available but lower priority than the others!), tap tempo analog delay, and an LPF I'm working on for Shep that may well become stock.

I need more hours in a day...
[/quote]

ooooh, very interested to find out about the delay! also, what's the T-65 octave???

[quote name='GazWills' timestamp='1394808004' post='2395467']
ooooh, very interested to find out about the delay! also, what's the T-65 octave???
[/quote]

The delay is very very early stages at the minute, but will have the usual Time, Repeats, Level knobs, Modulation Rate Ratio (ie set the speed against the delay time) and Depth knobs. Lots do to on that one, and it's a little way off before I'll be able to really dedicate some time to it...

The T-65 sits among the Boss OC-2/Pearl OC-07 octave family, with knobs for Clean, Octave Up, Octave Down, Filter on the Octave Down, and an Effects Loop Level control. Same footprint as the Grand Tarkin and with north-mounted jacks to save space!

[quote name='TG Flatline' timestamp='1394808789' post='2395481']
The T-65 sits among the Boss OC-2/Pearl OC-07 octave family, with knobs for Clean, Octave Up, Octave Down, Filter on the Octave Down, and an Effects Loop Level control. Same footprint as the Grand Tarkin and with north-mounted jacks to save space!
[/quote]

excellent, this sounds like it'll do well (love the OC-2, and love the OC-07, but not been able to find one!!!) - how will the effects loop fit in, will it pre or post the octaves??

also, any rough ideas when this one will be available??

[quote name='GazWills' timestamp='1394810206' post='2395506']
excellent, this sounds like it'll do well (love the OC-2, and love the OC-07, but not been able to find one!!!) - how will the effects loop fit in, will it pre or post the octaves??
[/quote]
The effects loop will be parallel, so you can add your sub in under distortion, modulation, delay - whatever you fancy really!

[quote name='GazWills' timestamp='1394810206' post='2395506']
also, any rough ideas when this one will be available??
[/quote]

Available now with custom etch, I've not got the artwork drawn up for this one yet but I've got three projects with T-65s on the go as we speak! I hope to have it on the website by the end of April ideally.

[quote name='TG Flatline' timestamp='1394810952' post='2395520']
The effects loop will be parallel, so you can add your sub in under distortion, modulation, delay - whatever you fancy really!

Available now with custom etch, I've not got the artwork drawn up for this one yet but I've got three projects with T-65s on the go as we speak! I hope to have it on the website by the end of April ideally.
[/quote]

Oi back in the workshop you :P

I might be joining this queue for the octave... But an LPF also sounds tasty...

You bad man! :P

[quote name='TG Flatline' timestamp='1394808789' post='2395481']
[/quote]

:gas:

[quote name='Wooks79' timestamp='1394801300' post='2395371']

Pics in the Cog Pron thread or that post is worthless ;)
[/quote]

Well still sorting something out with the etch as I've gone for something unique that's Tom hasn't done before and I want to keep it under wraps here's the mock up pic

[URL=http://s420.photobucket.com/user/spongebob_sqaurepants/media/Mobile%20Uploads/2014-03/2A95F2CF-7319-49BB-966D-9A7F98B019F0_zps4r2cgkuq.jpg.html][IMG]http://i420.photobucket.com/albums/pp287/spongebob_sqaurepants/Mobile%20Uploads/2014-03/2A95F2CF-7319-49BB-966D-9A7F98B019F0_zps4r2cgkuq.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Edited by sk8

[quote name='GarethFlatlands' timestamp='1394878567' post='2396169']
Damn it Tom, you know how I love my Rat distortion! Any idea on the pricing for the TK's and word on switching options?
[/quote]

TK-421 will have silicon/LED external switch, and a 3-DIP internal switch for the Filter range, the TK-421-X has the same 3-DIP for the range and has a 4-DIP internal switch for diode selection (symmetric and assymetric for both silicon and LEDs, though people can specify other options on ordering!)

Just ordered a T-65 Octaver and Knightfall 66 (already have a std Knightfall which may get used in the effects loop of the T-65 or on a smaller board) with custom artwork on the T-65 :-)

Tom is a top guy to deal with and I'm looking forward to simplifying my board when I get them.

I have in progress something like a dual fuzz, two fuzzes in one box. we called it yin yin fuzz because my first idea was that one fuzz would kill and other one would be, let´s say, more polite and it would be like yin yang :) but we ended with two killers, so there is no "day" part, only two wicked night storms.
tom is the one!

Edited by p58

box is etched

[URL=http://s420.photobucket.com/user/spongebob_sqaurepants/media/19A678C9-5751-4DDD-A224-743FE082ECE1_zps3lupkhmb.jpg.html][IMG]http://i420.photobucket.com/albums/pp287/spongebob_sqaurepants/19A678C9-5751-4DDD-A224-743FE082ECE1_zps3lupkhmb.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Cheers man :) might get to play with it tonight. Gonna have a very fussy first set up whenever I do anyway!

Tom did a top class job with the etching. I love it.
I did cause a few problems as originally I wanted the skull to be red, but it wasn't really do-able.

Oh, and red LED eyes :)

Edited by Wooks79