Why become a member? ×

February Composition Challenge - GET RECORDING!

Skol303

[quote name='Skol303' timestamp='1391416428' post='2356762']
Good grief you guys are quick!! Mine is no more than a germ of an idea at the moment... a sniffle of a song.

I'll have a listen to these in due course. Well done on such speedy work :)
[/quote]

Its my first submission (in fact I didn't even know about the competition until yesterday) so I have no idea about time scales. I stuck it up quick in case we needed to get them in asap for voting etc.. Of course, listening to it today I can hear new parts (a piano tinkle here and there) I could add. :)

[quote name='Ou7shined' timestamp='1391421254' post='2356822']

Its my first submission (in fact I didn't even know about the competition until yesterday) so I have no idea about time scales. I stuck it up quick in case we needed to get them in asap for voting etc.. Of course, listening to it today I can hear new parts (a piano tinkle here and there) I could add. :)
[/quote]
You can continue to modify your entry until the closing date I think. Make sure the link remains the same though, if there are lots of links it may get confusing. Nice track. It captured the idea well.

[quote name='Ou7shined' timestamp='1391421254' post='2356822']
[/quote]

It's not a race, of course. If the ideas come, and one has the time to realise them, things can sometimes get done very quickly, but often 3 weeks or a month goes by with either no inspiration, or no time free for playing. The earliest are not always the best of the bunch, as I well know..!
On the other hand, I find (for myself, at least...) that there's no point in faffing around; once it's ready, it's ready. Any attempts at retouching are, at best, diminishing returns, and... how goes the proverb..? Ah yes: "[i]The pitcher goes so often to the well that it is broken at last[/i]"..! :mellow:

[quote name='lurksalot' timestamp='1391456410' post='2357405']
My idea is a touch ambitious , and I have only just realised it is the shortest calendar month , so I may have to do a total rethink , but not till I really have to , its not over till .........
[/quote][attachment=154066:Fat_Lady_Sing.jpg]

Here's a rough mix of my entry, I am having problems with my ears and have lost my hearing in one so I am posting this as a work still in progress, but would love some feedback on the mix. Skol would really appreciate your feedback and advice, mail me on here if you want to give us your thoughts.

Cheers guys

[url="https://soundcloud.com/9thaspect/its-got"]https://soundcloud.com/9thaspect/its-got[/url]

Edited by Stephen Houghton

[quote name='Stephen Houghton' timestamp='1391480992' post='2357697']
Here's a rough mix of my entry, I am having problems with my ears and have lost my hearing in one so I am posting this as a work still in progress, but would love some feedback on the mix. Skol would really appreciate your feedback and advice, mail me on here if you want to give us your thoughts.

Cheers guys

[url="https://soundcloud.com/9thaspect/its-got-soul"]https://soundcloud.com/9thaspect/its-got-soul[/url]
[/quote]
Awesome.........

[quote name='Stephen Houghton' timestamp='1391480992' post='2357697']Here's a rough mix of my entry...[/quote]

My renowned lack of both hearing and good taste nullify any opinion I could offer on this; suffice it to say that I hear nothing blatantly amiss here, only an excellent interpretation of a fine composition. Please take this as the compliment that was intended. B)

[quote name='the boy' timestamp='1391528707' post='2358177']
Awesome.........
[/quote]
[quote name='Dad3353' timestamp='1391529822' post='2358196']
My renowned lack of both hearing and good taste nullify any opinion I could offer on this; suffice it to say that I hear nothing blatantly amiss here, only an excellent interpretation of a fine composition. Please take this as the compliment that was intended. B)
[/quote] Cheers guys for the feedback, and I will take the compliment Dad3353, any compliments even if I don't understand them are mine, all mine Ahhh ahhhh :P :D

[quote name='Stephen Houghton' timestamp='1391535423' post='2358289']
Cheers guys for the feedback, and I will take the compliment Dad3353, any compliments even if I don't understand them are mine, all mine Ahhh ahhhh :P :D
[/quote]

Short version: an excellent interpretation of a fine composition. :rolleyes:

[quote name='Stephen Houghton' timestamp='1391480992' post='2357697']
[/quote]

Will do mate! I'm going to catch up with the entries thus far over the next couple of days :)

[quote name='lurksalot' timestamp='1392561298' post='2370019']
so the question is , can I sing opera :lol:
[/quote]

No.......
But you can come close if you dress up as a m***er.
Borrow your wife's bra and stuff it with two footballs,
wear a Viking helmet and scream while you stand to the left hand side of your living room.

[quote name='lowdown' timestamp='1392562946' post='2370036']
No.......
But you can come close if you dress up as a m***er.
Borrow your wife's bra and stuff it with two footballs,
wear a Viking helmet and scream while you stand to the left hand side of your living room.
[/quote]

You know waaaaayy toooo much about my wifes undergarments :o :o .. :D

ed to add ..... I willl have to wait until late evening when all the neighbours are indoors with their TVs on , its a nice day at the moment and if any are out walking their dogs, I fear if they hear my opera, the dogs would scare me with the mess they might leave on the pavement

Edited by lurksalot

[quote name='lurksalot' timestamp='1392563289' post='2370039']
ed to add ..... I willl have to wait until late evening when all the neighbours are indoors with their TVs on , its a nice day at the moment and if any are out walking their dogs, I fear if they hear my opera, the dogs would scare me with the mess they might leave on the pavement
[/quote]

I get real self conscious about the neighbours when I record vocals at home too. I stick my head in the Mrs' packed wardrobe as a sort of sound proof room. :D