Why become a member? ×

February Composition Challenge - GET RECORDING!

Skol303

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1392925117' post='2374365']
Why, did you mail it to yourself via CityLink..?
[/quote]

Damn you, you svine..! Vunce again my plans are voiled..! I vill have my revenge one day..! ([i]Snaps heels, pivots on one and... Swoosh..! Disappears behind an enveloping cloak[/i]...)

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1392928505' post='2374421']
You should be OK. The body will never be seen again and CityLink won't be able to find any record of the delivery, so...
[/quote]

[URL=http://www.smileyvault.com/][IMG]http://www.smileyvault.com/albums/CBSA/smileyvault-cute-big-smiley-animated-041.gif[/IMG][/URL]

[quote name='Skol303' timestamp='1392906012' post='2374007']
Ok I’m in.

A hastily finished creation from me this month… and one that I wager will not be many people’s cup of tea! :D But meh, no matter.

[/quote]

That's an absolute cracker - there is a timeless element to it - bit of 70's electronic, bit of 80's (Black Box) and then some bang up to date (OK late 90's - that's the closest I do to up to date) sounds. Great job.

[quote name='lurksalot' timestamp='1392933772' post='2374534']
I am struggling to get soundcloud to upload mine :( , I tried last night and still no joy tonight . I dont have a clue how to get past the upload screen doing either nothing , or instantly announcing it is fully uploaded but refusing to do anything further :(
[/quote]

I used to have problems with soundcloud and IE. Now I'm Firefox all the way I haven't had any more grief from it.

[quote name='lurksalot' timestamp='1392939378' post='2374606']
OK , I'm in , this is not like the vision it started out with , and I heard dudes saying that before , but yeah I know what it means now :lol:

[url="https://soundcloud.com/lurksalot/requiem-in-somnium"]https://soundcloud.c...uiem-in-somnium[/url]
[/quote]

They should have come to you for the The Vicar of Dibley theme. :D

Which orchestra plugins are you using?

Edited by Ou7shined

Techno isn't really my thing Skol so you are very honoured as I like it ;) I have loads of mates who are heavily into the techno scene and when I go out with them it often gets too much for me. But there are some tracks and styles I really like and this track I one of them, a mate of mine's released a load of stuff under the name 'Sonic Insomniac' he's from Salford, I love his vibe.

Nice one and well produced as always!

[quote name='Ou7shined' timestamp='1392940632' post='2374620']
They should have come to you for the The Vicar of Dibley theme. :D

Which orchestra plugins are you using?
[/quote]

I thought the vicar of dibley was a bit more uplifting than mine :D

I didn't use plugins as such , they were just sounds off a midi piano .( I didnt see the question posted , only when I quoted it :huh: )

I have listened to the others now and there are some lovely pieces and all really well produced , but I may have seen this one differently to everyone else :blush: , I saw the picture as a derelict temple to consumerism and a bit of an end game to the lack of inherent sustainability, thus my approach was always going to be a bit on the dour side . but it was supposed to be operatic until opera escaped my vocal expertise .
Funny really , most things vocally seem just a bit more based on confidence than ability when you get to record it and play it back :lol: ,
FFS even your own voice on the message on your phone sounds bad when you hear it back :blush:

[quote name='Stephen Houghton' timestamp='1393015009' post='2375384']
No Guitars samples AL? That's amazing, how do you do that. Likey likey :)

P.S. How do you get the quote thing to work it never works for me, I click it in the post I want to quote, then add my text and nothing?
[/quote]

as long as you leave the all the (quote) (/quote) marks in place it should just work. I couldnt use the square brackets as it actually made a quote !!!!

Edited by lurksalot

Here's my entry. I hate it. It's cliched and rushed as usual. The lyric is the first thing that came into my head and the vocal is sharp but I felt I needed to get something in this month as two months without a entry might lead to me drifting away totally and I enjoy it too much to do that. I'm loving the entries so far. Haven't listened to them all but of the ones I've heard, it's a difficult choice.

http://m.soundcloud.com/theboysings/train

Typical..! Voting (...and so listening, for me...) starts tonight,and that's when my PC decides not to recognise my onboard audio device. I can listen to ASIO (Reaper and the like...), but not Windows. Damn and blast. Ain't it always the way..? I've trawled a fair bit of web this afternoon/evening, to no avail for now. Oh, well... :angry:

[quote name='Stephen Houghton' timestamp='1393015009' post='2375384']
No Guitars samples AL? That's amazing, how do you do that. Likey likey :)

P.S. How do you get the quote thing to work it never works for me, I click it in the post I want to quote, then add my text and nothing?
[/quote]

nah, just distorted bass , with the lows taken out
glad you liked it thou
cheers

[quote name='Stephen Houghton' timestamp='1392940939' post='2374625']Techno isn't really my thing Skol so you are very honoured as I like it [/quote]

Thanks Steve! Appreciated. I've yet to listen through them all, but I'll post some feedback when I do.

[quote name='the boy' timestamp='1393020578' post='2375449']Here's my entry....[/quote]
[quote name='AL-the-Bassman' timestamp='1393009060' post='2375296']The mrs went out today, and kid went to nanna's which gave me time to knock one out .....and plenty of time to record this[/quote]

Well done guys! Good to have you both onboard.

[quote name='Mykesbass' timestamp='1392932009' post='2374506']That's an absolute cracker - there is a timeless element to it - bit of 70's electronic, bit of 80's (Black Box) and then some bang up to date (OK late 90's - that's the closest I do to up to date) sounds. Great job.[/quote]

Cheers Myke, very kind :) My taste in electronica runs from the mid-80s to present day, so there may well be a whole bunch of influences in there.