Why become a member? ×

COG Pron Thread

woodyratm

• 2 weeks later...
Guest FretNoMore

Nice job! That T-16 looks so tempting, but I just can't decide if it's that or the T-65. Some say the T-16 is even slightly better sound wise but I think I'd like the added functionality of the bigger pedal.

Edited by FretNoMore

[quote name='FretNoMore' timestamp='1450074274' post='2929261']
Nice job! That T-16 looks so tempting, but I just can't decide if it's that or the T-65. Some say the T-16 is even slightly better sound wise but I think I'd like the added functionality of the bigger pedal.
[/quote]

For me they sound the same, just comes down to if you want the loop and the dirty octave up

• 3 months later...

Just arrived is my Knightfall 66 variant from Tom @ Cog:

[IMG]http://i68.tinypic.com/nbzzao.png[/IMG]

The enclosure has been painted by my good friend Claire Cousins, who has painted a few enclosures for my DIY/Poultone stuff before.
This is the first time i've hooked up Claire with another builder for me, what's having very talented friends for if you can't hook-up awesome collaborations :)
You can find Claires art stuff here:

www.clairecousinsillustration.co.uk

This thing sounds awesome, I will report back further when it's been out on some gigs and will make a video soon comparing it with my 2 channel Knightfall 66 prototype.

Cheers
Si

[quote name='TG Flatline' timestamp='1448132570' post='2913274'] Thanks for the T-16 love :) I'm really really proud of this one, simply cos I don't know if anyone else has done an analogue octave that small before! Personally I think it's just the best thing since sliced bread, but I may be a tad biased so lets wait and see how it stands the test of time! I'm going to try and get some more videos sorted, including one from Andy and hopefully Si too if he's game, but if anyone has any questions feel free to add them on here and I'll get back to you ASAP :) [/quote]

Can this be done with custom graphics or is it too small?

cheers

[quote name='Sibob' timestamp='1458565474' post='3008582']
Just arrived is my Knightfall 66 variant from Tom @ Cog:

The enclosure has been painted by my good friend Claire Cousins, who has painted a few enclosures for my DIY/Poultone stuff before.
This is the first time i've hooked up Claire with another builder for me, what's having very talented friends for if you can't hook-up awesome collaborations :)
You can find Claires art stuff here:

www.clairecousinsillustration.co.uk

This thing sounds awesome, I will report back further when it's been out on some gigs and will make a video soon comparing it with my 2 channel Knightfall 66 prototype.

Cheers
Si
[/quote]
Truly stunning! Bet it sounds as good as it looks, too.

Lucky you !

Just wanted to give a massive thanks & praise for exceptional customer service from Tom at Cog Effects .... :)

I recently bought a used Grand Tarkin of a fellow BCer but it quickly developed a fault then stopped working all together .. I contacted Tom & he said he'd 'sort it' for me even though I didn't buy it either new or direct from Cog .. not only did he indeed sort it but replaced the pcb & then posted it back to me .. all free of charge ! Didn't even ask for postage, how's that for customer service !!!

Slight 'disclaimer' .. I've emailed Tom many times before regarding custom builds or general effect advice but never actually bought anything (as yet coz I'm always scint) but I did send him a copy of all my Star Wars audio books which probably put me in credit lol :)

May the Force be with Tom

Cog rules !

Simon

Tom's prototype was sadly out with another customer so he's very kindly hooked me up with a custom model someone ordered and he decided he liked so much he made one for himself! Bass distortion with clean and dirty level knobs, a pre gain "voice" control, 4 way selectable mids with level control and a "cut" knob. Not 100% sure what the voice and cut knobs do (hence the quote marks) despite him running through them with me briefly but I get to try it at practice tomorrow and see how many faces I can melt along the way.

Forgot to rotate before uploading but you get the idea. Goes from a boost all the way up to an in your face but not over the top grind. The voice seems to be a bass cut/boost and the cut knob seems to roll off the high end. Very easy to dial in a great sound, we were a guitarist down so I left it on most of the time to fill the sound out. Worked like a charm and very low noise even when on maximum gain.

• 3 weeks later...

Back in the COG club again with a TK-421-X custom with additional HPF on the dirty side (thanks ratman!). This thing rocks in a big way. So versatile and I haven't even explored the internal settings yet!

Edited by Bigwan

• 2 months later...

Hi Fellas,

Can anyone tell me what the differences are between the old Knightfall 66 and new 66 that was just released? I assume the diode options are gone, since there's no mention of them in the press release describing the new version...anybody know? I recently acquired the old version (and it's already my favorite pedal after playing it for 3 days), but I'm just curious what changed in the new one. Thanks!

Tom answered (tanks, Tom!):

[color=#141414][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]"The pre-production model has a differen[/font][/color][color=#141414][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]t switching mechanism than the production version. This was more expensive to implement, and the only benefit was the addition of the internal diode switching. In practice, I found that the Voice knob provided much more flexibility than the diode switching, and also that certain diode options required different enough settings of the Voice and Tone knobs to get the best out of them. For example, germanium diodes with Voice, Tone and Gain maxed and Blend fully dirty is brilliant, but then the second channel doesn't really add the flexibility of a two-channel drive like I originally intended it to be. The other limitation of the switching system in the pre-production model is it works only on a 9v supply, whereas the production model will take up to 18v for those wishing to experiment. "[/font][/color]

Edited by Crazy Otto

• 1 month later...

My latest custom job by Tom...

It's a blender with a filter on the clean side (same as the TK-421) and eq on the loop, the art work is the claws from the my bands logo.

It's absolutely killer!

I got this to try and get somewhere near the Goliath/simple boy tone and with the Tech 21 XXL in the loop i can pretty much nail it.

Edited by Bearfist

Octave alert!! Three new octave pedals about to be released from COG. The T-70 looks tasty.....

http://www.cogeffects.co.uk/t-47-octave.php?mc_cid=93c37c3132&mc_eid=030df6b76b
http://www.cogeffects.co.uk/t-65-octave.php?mc_cid=93c37c3132&mc_eid=030df6b76b
http://www.cogeffects.co.uk/t-70-octave.php?mc_cid=93c37c3132&mc_eid=030df6b76b