Why become a member? ×

COG Pron Thread

woodyratm

Now that cable is genius! (All other pedals that I have using loops have a dedicated send return socket)

The filter on the T65 lower octave is also mint! Tracks nicely and gets the open A string well, wobbles abit as the note fades but beats the oc3, muliplexer and DoD hands down. A great addision tom, It's these filters tom puts in, phat!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

[quote name='abc' timestamp='1413627328' post='2580256']
Is the T-65 a clone/based on anything specific?
Also; are there sound clips of it online somewhere yet?
[/quote]

its part of my custom "red 5" pedal from cog heres a link to the video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amu-lBeX4R8&list=UU2nph-mPlvZFfBPyj1ADc3Q

i believe its loosely based on the pearl octave pedal.

please excuse the chatting and playing lol, also has the tarkin bass fuzz and the chorus he made for me in there to!

andy

• 1 month later...

I am wondering;
Are Cog stock pedals all 'original' designs or based on(or clones of) something else?
For example;Is the T65 one of many reinventions( improved and more elaborate as the case may be) of the oc2, divided octave or Pearl oc7?
And how about the other pedals by Cog?
I find them really quite interesting!
Thanks!

Edited by abc

[quote name='abc' timestamp='1417703707' post='2623235']
I am wondering;
Are Cog stock pedals all 'original' designs or based on(or clones of) something else?
For example;Is the T65 one of many reinventions( improved and more elaborate as the case may be) of the oc2, divided octave or Pearl oc7?
And how about the other pedals by Cog?
I find them really quite interesting!
Thanks!
[/quote]

as is said above the tarkin is based on a muff circuit but its been improved on, ie clean blend, the tk421 is a rat based circuit but again improved.

the t65 is a wicked little pedal, i believe its based on the pearl pedal, but with the added filter it can do synthy or clean octave.

andy

[quote name='ratman' timestamp='1417730569' post='2623629']
The Tarkins are Big Muff based, and the TK-421s are Rat based. That's as much as I know.
[/quote]

Just to add to this, the Darklighter is essentially a Tubescreamer with improvements, and the Knightfall is based on the (now discontinued) Voodoo Labs Overdrive (which was pretty much identical to the Fulltone OCD).

[quote name='bakerster135' timestamp='1417781349' post='2623923']
Just to add to this, the Darklighter is essentially a Tubescreamer with improvements, and the Knightfall is based on the (now discontinued) Voodoo Labs Overdrive (which was pretty much identical to the Fulltone OCD).
[/quote]

The Darklighter might be based on the Tubescreamer, I don't know, but it sounds a LOT better. I wouldn't know it's based on it from its sound.

I'm actually waiting for my "Raging Bull" pedal (should be posted today :)) which is a Darklighter with a bunch of extra things (the artwork reflects the Darklighter provenance... pics coming soon :))

• 3 weeks later...

My new custom just arrived! Meet the 'Hellraiser'!!

[attachment=179175:20141223_135050.jpg]

Grand Tarkin Bass Fuzz, Knightfall Distortion and T-65 Octave all in parallel. Four level controls for mixing Dry signal, with only one ever active depending on which combination of effects are selected.

This is very much an expansion on the concept of the T-65 Octave and parallel sub octave in general.

Artwork is an adaptation of the Puzzle Box from the 1987 film Hellraiser, with oversized Moog-style knobs to finish things off!

[quote name='danweb22' timestamp='1419342953' post='2638926']
My new custom just arrived! Meet the 'Hellraiser'!!

[attachment=179175:20141223_135050.jpg]

Grand Tarkin Bass Fuzz, Knightfall Distortion and T-65 Octave all in parallel. Four level controls for mixing Dry signal, with only one ever active depending on which combination of effects are selected.

This is very much an expansion on the concept of the T-65 Octave and parallel sub octave in general.

Artwork is an adaptation of the Puzzle Box from the 1987 film Hellraiser, with oversized Moog-style knobs to finish things off!
[/quote]

Saw this on FB - looked awesome!

• 3 weeks later...

can´t wait to get this. i am pretty sure that this will kill some of my bandmates, especially lead guitar :) communication with tom was again great (well, at least for me :) ), he is superb guy to deal with when you want to materialize crazy ideas :)

the idea was to create two separete fuzzes, one grindy and one more polite. it ended with two filthy fuzzes in one box. i also asked if there would be a possibility to have the fuzz in my chain as other effects and also in loop of Groove Regulator at once. just a crazy idea. and tom created a solution. what a smart head!

description from tom:
This one is a little bit special. On the left we have a Tarkin with the Mids switch replaced with a continuous knob, and on the right is a Superfuzz clone for old skool fuzzy deliciousness.

The special thing about this pedal is it is designed to be placed at two different points within the signal chain - in this case, both within the loop of an envelope filter AND in series with the filter. The middle footswitch switches which point in the chain the pedal is placed. In addition to the footswitch, there is also a Control jack on the back of the pedal to remotely control this function. This client uses a G-Lab controller and will use one of the available amp switch jacks when programming his patches, but it could just as easily be used with the GigRig G2, One Control Crocodile Tail or Free The Tone ARC amongst others.

Hey guys,

Does anyone have an opinion or even better audio clips of the [color=#444444][font=Calibri, sans-serif][size=4]TK-421-X they would care to share? I'm seriously thinking about getting one after i picked Up a Knightfall 66 on here which i instantly fell in love with. I'm using a Rat Tail at the minute as my dirtiest distortion but as much as i want to love it its just not quite hit the spot for me. Been chatting to Tom over email (what a nice guy i might add!) and what he has to say makes me think the TK might be something i want in my life.[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#444444][font=Calibri, sans-serif][size=4]Cheers![/size][/font][/color][color=#444444][font=Calibri, sans-serif][size=4] [/size][/font][/color]

testing the beast...both fuzzes sound awesome, can´t wait to test it with my SVT stack.
as for the signal chain feature, it works (to my ears and hands) better in loop of GR1 instead of being in front/afterGR1. great great feature.

[quote name='Bearfist' timestamp='1421322447' post='2659780']
Hey guys,

Does anyone have an opinion or even better audio clips of the [color=#444444][font=Calibri, sans-serif]TK-421-X they would care to share? I'm seriously thinking about getting one after i picked Up a Knightfall 66 on here which i instantly fell in love with. I'm using a Rat Tail at the minute as my dirtiest distortion but as much as i want to love it its just not quite hit the spot for me. Been chatting to Tom over email (what a nice guy i might add!) and what he has to say makes me think the TK might be something i want in my life.[/font][/color]

[color=#444444][font=Calibri, sans-serif]Cheers![/font][/color]
[/quote]

[font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif"][color="#282828"]I have a TK-421-X with added High Pass Filter control ("Signor Gattino" on the pedalboard pic in my signature), and along with the Knightfall 66 it's a huge part of my sound. It is awesome! I've previously owned a vintage RAT, Fuzzrocious Rat Tail and Idiotbox Blower Box, and I sold them because this destroys them!...I think Tom ships them with the NE5534 chip, which sounds good, but I had him fit the LM308 in mine and it's perfect. Absolutely no low-end loss, and when you've heard it with the gain up on the asymmetric LEDs setting you'll never go back! ;) [/color][/font]

[quote name='bakerster135' timestamp='1421664418' post='2663643']
[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#282828]I have a TK-421-X with added High Pass Filter control ("Signor Gattino" on the pedalboard pic in my signature), and along with the Knightfall 66 it's a huge part of my sound. It is awesome! I've previously owned a vintage RAT, Fuzzrocious Rat Tail and Idiotbox Blower Box, and I sold them because this destroys them!...I think Tom ships them with the NE5534 chip, which sounds good, but I had him fit the LM308 in mine and it's perfect. Absolutely no low-end loss, and when you've heard it with the gain up on the asymmetric LEDs setting you'll never go back! ;) [/color][/font]
[/quote]

Cheers for this! :)

After chatting to Tom for a bit he sold it to me so I've got one on the way. The Rat Tails up for sale now. Cant wait to get my hands on this.

[quote name='Sibob' timestamp='1421627635' post='2663499']
Decided to change up the knobs on 66 #1, just to match the channel controls to the LED colours....helps quick changes on stage when I can't remember which is which lol.
[/quote]

Those knobs look great. Where did you get them from?

[quote name='ratman' timestamp='1421684041' post='2663923']

Those knobs look great. Where did you get them from?
[/quote]

You can find Red ones at Dr Tweeks website, but I only found Blue ones at Banzai in Germany. There's a few on eBay, but cheaper at Banzai, so just waited until I needed some other parts :)

Si