Why become a member? ×

awesome slides...or power gliss's...how?

iconic

Ok being an 70 and 80 funk n soul boy i do love a proper slide....mark adams of slave and davide romani of change being masters of their craft.

...but after doing more sliding today than you'd find at the winter olympics (no ive seen any of it yet) i have to admit my slides suck.

so give me some tips guys....a great example of the don el romani at 4:30 in the clip below.

thanks as always

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Tb-BI8l8CrY#

I'm afraid I can't offer any specific help here, - as my slides suck too! :blush:

However, as with most other things, it probably involes a fair amount of practice time. It's easy to think, as a reasonably acomplished player, (I barely qualify, by the way!), that we can introduce various new, or at least unfamiliar techniques, fairly easily.
Doesn't seem to work that way, in my experience. Perhaps design a few exercises to do, and practice them regularly. I'm sure you'll get the hang of it soon enough :)

Probably a good idea to relax too, don't keep the wrist too stiff (locked); and don't apply too much pressure with the fretting hand when sliding either.

Good luck!

When you sus it, - let me know!!