Why become a member? ×

Doh!!

Bilbo

I have been agonising over my double bass sound (as we all do) since I got a double bass. Last night, I was playing a great gig with an old friend, tenor saxophonist Osian Roberts, and the bass sounded as good as it ever has. All except the high C string. The rest of the strings sounded warm and full but the C sounded clanky and thin.

Then a light went on. When I last had my action adjusted, the luthier broke the C string. I replaced it temporarily with the one that came with the bass and ordered a new High C Evah Pirazzi from Golihur to match the other four and which duly arrived.

I never got around to fitting it.

Eeejit.

ha ha!
I belive Osian spends some time over in Prague, I have some friends out there both very very fine saxophonists Andy Schofield and Suzanne Higgins, They have both toured extensively with the Andy Prior orchestra and Andy has worked with among others Kenny Wheeler and George Michael... might be worth putting them in touch!
change yer string dunce! :lol: :lol: B)

I will get to it this week, mate (I have a gig with Steve Waterman next Sunday and want to 'sound my best' ;)).

Osian now lives about 15 miles outside Prague in a converted Granary with his wife, kids, 3 chickens and his late mother in law's old dog! I will mention those names to him when I next speak to him (which will be soon as I recorded the gig and he wants a copy - it was a monster!!).