Why become a member? ×

Ibanez FG100

noelk27

Have an '85 FG100 in brown sunburst that I'm planning to sell, but, as these don't seem to come up for sale regularly, having trouble researching current value. The FG100 is pretty much the two pickup version of the Joe Pass model, except it has a maple top as opposed to the JP's spruce top. All original, in good overall condition. Don't have a period fitted case.

I'd say you could price it from £800 - £1,200 depending on the condition. AFAIK the Ibanez AS cases will fit as will most of the Gibson cases as the dimensions were almost identical to some of their models. (That's essentially what stopped production on these).

[quote name='Mog' timestamp='1392123222' post='2364937']I'd say you could price it from £800 - £1,200 depending on the condition.[/quote]
Which makes some sense of the $1,500 to $2,500 asking prices in the US. Maybe I'm missing something with this particular model, as I just didn't think these would sell for as much here.

They might not. It's a fairly rare guitar in the UK and Ireland AFAIK. Gibson took offense to the design and production lasted about 2-3 years. I not sureofthe original price of these but they certainly weren't budget guitars unlike the newer Artcore models which range from a couple of hundred to over a grand.

Yes, first built by FujiGen in '81, the year after the Joe Pass signature model was introduced. Built by FujiGen until '86, and then built for up to three years by Terada. Certainly not a budget model, it was one of just two non signature "Jazz" models in the Ibanez catalogue. Guess I'd imagined that the GB and FA models were more collectable, and that the FG wasn't. Then again, mine is now a 27 year old FujiGen built Ibanez!

Edited by noelk27

• 2 months later...