Why become a member? ×

Hohner Arbor Series

Machines

My Dad picked up a Precision copy for £30 in a pawn shop. It's Lake Placid Blue with maple neck and fingerboard.. it needs a bit of work (new scratchplate and a cleanup) but other than that it isn't too bad. The neck is monstrous.. anyone know anything about them ? Google didn't tell me anything at all..

Got pics but only on my phone at the moment.

my first bass was a hohner arbor with precision and 'mm-style' pickups...the neck was a bit on the large size, but it was a great little bass for the money iirc.

the pickups weren't great tbh...one thing i'd say is that you might want to look at upgrading the pickups.

love to see the pics...for old time's sake.

The more I look at that picture the more I am convinced that used to be mine.

It looks to me like the dot marker at the 15th fret has quite a large "pearl" section in it compared to the other ones. I am now convinced mine had the same thing. Although how I remember that after over 20 years is beyond me.

It might just be my age playing tricks!

Paul.

I remember reading the original brochure for them (a scarily long time ago) but I recall I decided against as I didnt like the headstock and the Marlin models had a cool fish inlay at the 12th fret. Here ends the nostalgia segment....

• 3 years later...

The day I became a bassist was when my mates dad loaned my his Arbor series that he had hanging on the wall. It was a grim yellow-gold kind of colour, with a P and an MM, no scratchplate and a RW board. A picture I just found that is far too embarrasing to share with you lot tells me it was an Arbor MX1 series, if that means anything to anybody!

Anyway, it did teenage me well for a few months until I bought myself the Squier Affinity that still sits in my rack today - used to take them both out gigging so that I could have one in standard and one in drop-D, thinking I was dead professional-looking!

[quote name='Johnston' timestamp='1316439236' post='1377989']

MX1 P/ MM yellow colour . Relive the youth :)
[url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/260856653344?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649"]http://www.ebay.co.u...984.m1438.l2649[/url]

My first one was an Arbor too. white beat up but good.
[/quote]

Haha, that's IT! If it wasn't so far south, I'd think it was the same bass. Good find, sir!

• 3 years later...