Why become a member? ×

Bye bye Mr Feedback,hello awesome tone

artisan

It would seem i have finally killed my feedback problem stone dead after having my 2nd sound post fitted in the perfect spot,ah the bliss of it.
Previously i have had to cut so much of my mids just to stop the feedback i always ended up with a less than perfect tone.
On my Shuttle i used to have the mid scoop engaged & all the low mids cut + pretty severe eq cuts on my Plat Pro too.
All this badly weakened my signal so with preamp gain & volumes at 12 o'clock i was running the master at about 3/4 in regular pub gigs just to be heard,i was thinking my rig was gutless.
Now my amp is set flat,no need to use the mid scoop,a wee tweak on the Plat to taste & master at only 9 o'clock,wow is this baby loud or what.
I'm pretty sure i don't actually need the Pro Plat at all now,i'll try run straight from my K&K mixer straight into my amp at the next gig.
I couldn't get over what a great tone i now have & being able to actually have some mids my slap/click really cuts through with no trace of feedback,even stood right next to my amp.
Of course i have virtually no accoustic tone now but since i always need to play amplified in my band i couldn't give a toss.
Adios mr feedback :)

Edited by artisan

[quote name='Marc S' timestamp='1392730432' post='2372023']
Good stuff,
Glad you've sorted it out
Think I'd miss the acoustic tone myself,
but that's just my preference

Is it a huge difference in tone?
How has it affected volume?

Cheers
Marc
[/quote]
hi Marc.
Accoustic volume is way way quieter,perfect for practice in my crappy terrace house but you couldn't gig without amplification.
Accoustic tone lacks the richness & depth it used to have.
But once amplified it sounds exactly the same as it did before but i can now be as loud as i want without resorting to extreme eq cutting,just plug play & enjoy.
I am well happy with it at last & my band are too :)