Why become a member? ×

I have a problem with my GAS

artisan

[quote name='AndyBass' timestamp='1392897103' post='2373876']
If you look at Duke Bass' facebook page, Thomas put some photos up yesterday of a dark brown left-handed 2-tone that's going to be heading my way very shortly. So I'll gladly tell you all about it once its here!
[/quote]
you lucky man you :) it is gorgeous.
Yes please do let me know all about it,i really want one & the missus has given me the go ahead,all i need now is some money :(

I spoke to Thomas yesterday,what a great bloke he is too,he told me he doesn't ship his basses but knows a company local to him who can.
Is this how you are shipping yours ?

Yeah, Thomas is a really good guy. He sends his basses to a company caled Bassico to ship, that's how mine's coming over and I believe how Rabbie's was sent as well (based on aprevious thread somewhere). Shipping to the UK is costing me 150 euro.

I really struggled with the decision because of the lack of Duke owners in this country to get opinions from. But I'm lucky (in a weird way) to have much less choice than right-handed folks, and a left-handed Duke was really one of the only possible upgrades from my beloved Strunal 50/4 (without spending £000s more). As such once mine's here, I'll make a point of doing a post about it and maybe posting some sound samples if my playing isn't too shameful.

Hi guys, sorry about my lateness in this thread.
As a proud Duke owner and player of it everywhere from studio to clubs to theatres to big open air festivals please allow me to say with all sincerity:
DUKE RULES!!
And Thomas is the best guy in the world to deal with.
Honestly fella, if you play roots music and live in Europe, look no further. Even if you play jazz and just want to swing hard a la be-bop way old style bass playing, again look no further.
Ask me any questions you want I am passionate about how great my Duke sounds.
New album will be released soon with Duke very prominent in the mix.

[quote name='Rabbie' timestamp='1392925074' post='2374364']
Hi guys, sorry about my lateness in this thread.
As a proud Duke owner and player of it everywhere from studio to clubs to theatres to big open air festivals please allow me to say with all sincerity:
DUKE RULES!!
And Thomas is the best guy in the world to deal with.
Honestly fella, if you play roots music and live in Europe, look no further. Even if you play jazz and just want to swing hard a la be-bop way old style bass playing, again look no further.
Ask me any questions you want I am passionate about how great my Duke sounds.
New album will be released soon with Duke very prominent in the mix.
[/quote]
hi Rabbie,your Duke looks ace.
I am defo going to get one in the future,can't afford one just yet though but i think it will happen.
It will mean i have to sell my Strunal though but i should get good money back for a well setup/sorted bass.
Can you put me down for a copy of your new album once its released please,can't wait to hear the Duke.

Sure thing my friend. New band, good fun, we literally just put preview tracks [url="http://www.robertocassani.co.uk"]here[/url] - this is with an all-gut set up, which is the normal for me.
I also played on only one modern folky album with steels on the Duke [url="https://itunes.apple.com/gb/artist/kilmarnock-edition/id569064175"]here[/url] and it sounded great; real decent sound for a plywood IMO, shame about the fingers playing it.

Edited by Rabbie