Why become a member? ×

Used Bass Gear shops

Deedee

Great story, and a superb amp, too.

Trace gear isn't as fashionable as it once was, but I've auditioned just about every high -end bass amp on the market at one time or another and Trace Elliot stuff of various vintages is still a match for any of them, and don't let anyone else tell you otherwise. It's loud, clear and lets everybody hear the true sound of whatever bass you plug into it. I suppose I am a bit biased because the first really good amp I got was a Trace rig back in the 1980's when they were the amp every bass player aspired to , and I have used them pretty much ever since, but they have still never been bettered, in my opinion.

[quote name='Dingus' timestamp='1394805815' post='2395434']
Great story, and a superb amp, too.

Trace gear isn't as fashionable as it once was, but I've auditioned just about every high -end bass amp on the market at one time or another and Trace Elliot stuff of various vintages is still a match for any of them, and don't let anyone else tell you otherwise. It's loud, clear and lets everybody hear the true sound of whatever bass you plug into it. I suppose I am a bit biased because the first really good amp I got was a Trace rig back in the 1980's when they were the amp every bass player aspired to , and I have used them pretty much ever since, but they have still never been bettered, in my opinion.
[/quote]

Totally agree. I'll never move away from Trace amps again. I'm playing through a lighter cab now, but as far as the amps are concerned, you can't beat them. I've read on BC and other sites about the 'marmite' TE sound. Well I for one love it and will continue to for many years to come!

😎

[quote name='tredders' timestamp='1394801924' post='2395379']
I love a happy ending :D

Nice to see the old thing restored to its former glory, and even nicer to think it's going to get some use, too.

Thanks for the donation, Dan - all worked out well.
[/quote]

I think the gratitude is all mine. The amp's sounding superb. Many thanks again.

Edited by Deedee

• 7 months later...

Hi all

Just to make all who followed this thread aware, I'm just about to list this head for sale on the forum. I've been fortunate enough to get my hands on an AH600SMX so it's time to pass this SMX on.

As agreed, I will be listing it (with a link to this thread) for sale at £100 plus a £50 donation to BC. The £100 covers the cost of the repairs and the refurb but I will also throw in a Roqsolid slip cover (which cost a further £30).

Many thanks