Why become a member? ×

Gibson EB-3 Slotheadstock PRICE DROP 1200 GBP
£1700

Langusta

NOW 1.200 GBP

Hello Gibson Fans,
For sale is my very rare original made in the USA old Gibson EB 3 and special fitted hard case. This plush deep set case provides perfect protection for the bass.

Original Gibson wine red finish and the rare slotheadstock.
Gibson made this rare headstock only in that time 1968/69 to 1971

This great looking slot head short-scale bass has a very nice slim tapered neck and is fast as lightning to play. The EB-3 was made for speed. She is also lightweight, well balance, with outstanding playability. Comfortable weight of 3.7kg!

The bass is in very good condition. The neck is straight, frets and fingerboard are great with good string action. All pickups and electrics work perfectly.

This fantastic sounding bass has incredible sustain and growls the way it should. Loves to "ROCK" and the neck is easy to play.
4 pickup settings to choose from, with loads of tonal possibilities. Great sound variation, the neck pick up makes the big bottom bass tone alone, the bridge pick up is the sound from a good Fender.
The Gibson has all its original parts so will appreciate in value. A good investment and a great bass to own and play.

I make my information for the bass with a good feeling and true heart.
The bass works great on stage or in studio.

Edited by Langusta

I had one of these up until a few years ago but had to sell it due to money issues. I've always regretted it!
One of the advantages of these slot-headed EB's is that there is virtually no neck dive & also they tend to stay in tune when laid down in a case because the tuners are angled backwards from the head so they don't get knocked.
Good luck with the sale - wish I had the money!

[quote name='Langusta' timestamp='1392842250' post='2373472']
Hello Gibson Fans,
For sale is my very rare original made in the USA old Gibson EB 3 and special fitted hard case. This plush deep set case provides perfect protection for the bass.

Original Gibson wine red finish and the rare slotheadstock.
Gibson made this rare headstock only in that time 1968/69 to 1971

This great looking slot head short-scale bass has a very nice slim tapered neck and is fast as lightning to play. The EB-3 was made for speed. She is also lightweight, well balance, with outstanding playability. Comfortable weight of 3.7kg!

The bass is in very good condition. The neck is straight, frets and fingerboard are great with good string action. All pickups and electrics work perfectly.

This fantastic sounding bass has incredible sustain and growls the way it should. Loves to “ROCK” and the neck is easy to play.
4 pickup settings to choose from, with loads of tonal possibilities. Great sound variation, the neck pick up makes the big bottom bass tone alone, the bridge pick up is the sound from a good Fender.
The Gibson has all its original parts so will appreciate in value. A good investment and a great bass to own and play.

I make my information for the bass with a good feeling and true heart.
The bass works great on stage or in studio.
[/quote]

• 2 months later...

[quote name='Langusta' timestamp='1401099380' post='2459944']
gibson produced this model only 3 years, between 1969-1971
[/quote]

Yes, I understand that, but which year was this bass made? You can check the serial numbers on the pots assuming they haven't been changed

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...