Why become a member? ×

Your chance to shine? Double bassist for 2 varied orchestras - Derbyshire

ubassman

Looks like I will be moving away from the Peak District of Derbyshire and the two orchestras that I currently play in will need to fill my shoes.

[b]Peak Wind Orchestra[/b] (based at Youlgrave near Bakewell), play all sorts of music from Swing, full on orchestral, movie theme tunes, Classics, etc need to be a good reader and good at responding to whatever gets thrown your way. Generally all musicians are Grade 8 upwards and you would have to be comfortable playing to a high standard. Rehearsals are every two weeks on a Sunday from 4.30 - 7.30 . The orchestra does a number of concerts each year including Proms in the Garden ( Haddon Hall), Chatsworth House open day, Pomegranate Theatre Chesterfield, plus other fund raisers. Been a lot of fun and I have developed so much as a musician playing with these guys.

[b]Peak Chamber Orchestra[/b] (based at Calver again, near Bakewell), a very different vibe and a good way for anyone to get into an orchestra for the first time to develop bowing, sight reading and general musicianship skills. Grade 3 minimum standard and the orchestra meets on tuesday evenings weekly playing easy and some other 'no so easy' classics! Good mix of age ranges and the Orchestra is very inclusive and nurturing of all to develop as musicians. Currently only very occasional concerts.

Anyone interested please PM with some contact details and I will chat through things in more detail. Many thanks Peter

Edited by ubassman