Why become a member? ×

February Composition Challenge - VOTING!

Skol303

[quote name='the boy' timestamp='1393633044' post='2382941']
I think this is a great idea. I agree that this months challenge should not only be dedicated to Paco but also inspired by him. I'm not very good visually but I will try and find a picture that may be inspirational.

I'm overwhelmed to have won. Thank you very much for the votes. Good luck to all in next months challenge.
[/quote]

Thank You
and well done again...such a catchy tune :drinks:

I tried to listen earlier this evening but no noise was coming out of Soundcloud for me, everything else is working, was there a problem with SC? First time I've not voted :(

Congratulations to The Boy! Hopefully I'll get to hear the entries soon.

Soundcloud working fine for me just now. Nigel, you should have just voted for the one with the nicest shape :-D
That makes me think - I know a way to get more people to come and vote - make the challenge "who can compose a track that most closely resembles a knob in Soundcloud". watch the votes flood in! :-D

Well done The Boy. I'm glad you won, as I voted for you. I found the song so understated, yet so catchy. Top quality stuff,
It was by no means a easy choice though, I loved several of the others too, and ALL were of a very high standard. Well done all.

[quote name='Roland Rock' timestamp='1393656079' post='2383000']
...I know a way to get more people to come and vote - make the challenge "who can compose a track that most closely resembles a knob in Soundcloud". watch the votes flood in! :-D
[/quote]

While idly searching for a picture of an audio waveform that closely resembles a knob, I came across (fnarr) this intriguing idea for jewellery based on significant waveforms such as this 'I love you' pendant...

But I digress... congratulations to the boy! Sterling effort (pun intended). :)

Edited by discreet

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1393671709' post='2383108']
While idly searching for a picture of an audio waveform that closely resembles a knob, I came across (fnarr) this intriguing idea for jewellery based on significant waveforms such as this 'I love you' pendant...

But I digress... :)
[/quote]

Wouldnt that make a wonderful concept for a buttplug.... for valentines day perhaps?

:D :D :D

Anyway my vote went to the guy who sadly didn't get a review from Paul (late arrival - oopsie). I felt it was an original piece, dark and supremely atmospheric which suited the subject picture to a tee. The production felt a bit mechanical to me but considering it was compiled entirely of vst's its not surprising. Worthy of a few more votes if you ask me.

Edited by Ou7shined

Hi everyone, thank you so much for all the votes and kind feedback. I'm on a bit if a high today. Yesterday I had a small windfall and spent the day relaxing with the wife and kids we then booked a holiday and to top it off the composition challenge went well so I'm feeling quite chuffed today. Thanks again. On to the next one.

[quote name='Ou7shined' timestamp='1393676063' post='2383192']
Wouldnt that make a wonderful concept for a buttplug.... for valentines day perhaps?
[/quote]

Nothing says 'I love you' better than a butt-plug resembling an audio waveform that says 'Ow, my arse hurts!'.

[quote name='the boy' timestamp='1393676286' post='2383197']
...thank you so much for all the votes and kind feedback. I'm on a bit if a high today. Yesterday I had a small windfall and spent the day relaxing with the wife and kids we then booked a holiday and to top it off the composition challenge went well so I'm feeling quite chuffed today...
[/quote]

These are the moments we live for. Too few and far between, I say! Well done. :)

[color=#b22222][size=5][b]March's challenge is now on![/b][/size][/color]

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/231095-march-composition-challenge-get-recording/"][size=5]GO HERE >>>[/size][/url]

Deadline for entries is Monday 24th.

Edited by Skol303