Why become a member? ×

Dep Bassist required - £100 fee - March 15th - Carcroft, near Doncaster

Bassdriver

Hi all,

I need a dep to cover a gig on the 15th of March. My covers band has a gig booked but something has come up and I really need to be somewhere else that night. It's your usual social club thing so you'd be playing in between 8.30PM and 11 ish, 2 45min sets for £100 fee paid in cash on the night. Van travelling from Carlisle area will probably stop and pick you up if you're near the A66 or A1. There will be an EA iAmp 800 and 2 EA or Vanderkely 12s in the van if you want a lazy gig. Just turn up with a bass, plug in and play.

The rest of the band are all good tight players, friendly guys with lots of experience. You don't need to be technically brilliant, just solid tasteful and reliable.
I'll provide a current set list, possibly a recording. I have some older recordings but we've just revamped the set and not got round to doing any new recordings yet. It's all fairly standard covers stuff and if you've done a bit of function/club work you'll probably have played most of them before.

If this sounds like something you'd be interested in, or even if it wouldn't hold the slightest interest for you but you have nothing better to do that night please get in touch. You could really help me out.

Thought I'd got two players available already when I saw there were two replies here. Ah well, thanks for the replies. The Facebook group looks interesting Tony so thanks for that tip. I've applied to join the group so hopefully I'll be able to post on there soon. There must be plenty of reasonable players around that area. Surely one of them will be up for a quick £100. Meanwhile though please keep the gig in mind and if you hear of anyone who might be suitable put them in touch with me.

If I don't find someone who can do this our keyboard player is going to have to put in some bass parts with his left hand and the drummers is going to throw a big strop.

Cheers

i may possibly be able to do it depending how much of the material i already know, im about 12 miles from carcroft, if you can let me know the set list as soon as poss will be able to tell you, my email is [email protected], mobile 07760444339, or stick it on here, cheeers Jez

you should be able to check me out on julesband.co.uk

Edited by Jezyorkshire

Thanks for the reply Jez. You're certainly in the right place for the gig and from the vids on your bands site you'll be well capable of sitting with the rest of the band, just remains to see how much of the set you're familiar with. I just emailed you a list of tunes but I'll copy it here as well for the benefit of anyone else who might be interested.

Cheers

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][size=4][color=#000000]Here's the set we did last night....[/color]

[color=#000000]Happy - Pharrel Williams[/color]
[color=#000000]Sir Duke/I wish - Stevie Wonder[/color]
[color=#000000]Jackie Wilson Said - Van Morrison[/color]
[color=#000000]Mustang Sally - Wilson Picket[/color]
[color=#000000]Sweet Home Chicago[/color]
[color=#000000]Handbags and Gladrags - Rod Stewart Etc[/color]
[color=#000000]Superstition - Stevie Wonder[/color]
[color=#000000]Olivers Army - Elvis Costello[/color]
[color=#000000]Rolling Stones medley (Honky Tonk Woman/Brown Sugar/Jumpin Jack Flash/Satisfaction)[/color]
[color=#000000]Chelsea Dagger - The Fratellis[/color]
[color=#000000]Valerie - More up tempo Amy Winehouse version[/color]
[color=#000000]The Snake - Al Wilson[/color]

[color=#000000]I'm still Standing - Elton John[/color]
[color=#000000]Ain't No Stoppin Us Now - McFadden and Whitehead[/color]
[color=#000000]Baggy Trousers - Madness[/color]
[color=#000000]My First, My Last - Barry White[/color]
[color=#000000]Brown Eyed Girl - Van Morrison[/color]
[color=#000000]Believer - The Monkees/Reeves & Mortimer + Wonderstuff[/color]
[color=#000000]Dakota - Stereophonics[/color]
[color=#000000]Sex on Fire - Kings of Leon[/color]
[color=#000000]Use Somebody - Kings of Leon[/color]
[color=#000000]Town Called Malice - The Jam[/color]
[color=#000000]Don't Look Back in Anger - Oasis[/color]
[color=#000000]Hey Jude - The Beatles[/color]
[color=#000000]We Are the Champions - Queen

Other older stuff which could be put back in for a night...[/color]

[color=#000000]Centrefold - J Geils Band[/color]
[color=#000000]The Boys Are Back in Town - Thin Lizzy[/color]
[color=#000000]Teenage Kicks - Undertones[/color]
[color=#000000]Can't Buy Me Love - The Beatles[/color]
[color=#000000]Feeling good - Nina Simone/Muse[/color]
[color=#000000]Live and Let Die - Wings[/color]
[color=#000000]Get Your Rocks off - Primal Scream[/color]
[color=#000000]All these things - The Killers[/color]

[color=#000000]These are not all in copy key but I can let you know what's what later. I'll be able to provide recordings of some of these and I might be able to record the newer stuff next weekend.[/color][/size][/font]

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...