Why become a member? ×

Zoom B3

uncle psychosis

I personally stay away from the presets and set up my own patches from scratch. As far as blend settings go I like to dial in dry bass to preserve the low end as most of the effects are just too full on when there's no dry bass in the signal. Just my preference. I use an expression pedal to adjust my wet/dry blend too, the parameters for this are adjustable in the Total menu. In the Global menu, my balance is set to 100%, and I do all the wet/dry adjustments for each patch in the individual effect settings. The best advice I can give is play around with the blend settings until you find what you like.
If you're plugging into an amp go straight into the input, not the effect loop. Use the amp sims anywhere you like. If an amp sim, or any effect, sounds good to you that's all that matters. You can always copy a patch to a different memory slot and play around with different settings without overriding the original patch.
There is an active/passive switch next to the input jack, that should sort out your hot signal.
Have fun :)

Thanks for the info guys I'll have a mess around with it tonight and definitely look at the blend functions I've only been able to demo it thru headphones and it seemed a little toppy but hopefully I'll have a go thru my practice rig albeit at low volume. I think the editing software is totally great, I've been quite knocked out by the ease of use. I nabbed an expression pedal on ebay but it's the old style but I'm hoping it still works with the unit.

[quote name='cheddatom' timestamp='1410432762' post='2549343']
If you like the amp sim it might sound good going straight into the effects return of your amp, bypassing it's pre-amp.

If it has cab sims I would not use these unless you don't use an amp/cab
[/quote]

Cheers Tom I have a streamliner which I like the tone of. I hit the gain button when using my Rickenbacker and switch it off when I use an active bass but it always slightly bugs me that I don't have a footswitch for the gain. So maybe I can use the B3 to give me that bit more, as opposed to having to traipse all the way back to my amp and press a button ;)

I know I'm a bit late to the party on this one but I think it's really great. I don't use a lot of effects but the sounds are really usable and I imagine it will be really easy as a live tool. I've noticed lots of discussions about the quality of the effects, I have to say in a live situation who would know. The editing software is a real bonus for me anyway and helps me organise and visualise the settings. I still have the ms60B and will hold on to it. I realise now that I didn't really get the most out of it because I didn't use the edit software.

I've noticed lots of links to presets I'm sure there is not a big enough market for it but it would be great if zoom had downloadable preset libraries, even ones you could buy. I occasionally use off the shelf templates for visual effects when I'm in a rush in my day job. A similar thing would be great hear especially for people like me who have limited noodle time.

Edited by steviedee

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='steviedee' timestamp='1411501184' post='2560192']
Well used this at an actual rehearsal it's a wee bit overpowering I really had to bring down the patch level in the total menu. Don't know if this is the best way of doing this but it just seemed pretty full on. In the end it sounded excellent.
[/quote]

Yeah they have a super hot signal! I've set my level to 100 on the global settings and only ever had one sound guy complain about it so far :P