Why become a member? ×

Sound Recording Courses

Clarky72

Has anyone here done a sound recording course at all and have any they can recommend. I'm in full time employment so it's unfortunately not something I can dive into full time, but I am interested in a part time / evening / weekends course if anyone can recommend any good ones around?

I live near High Wycombe in Bucks, so home counties and London are my target areas realistically.

Thanks all as always :)

Hi Clarky

I am studying Music Technology at the University of West London. I too work full time so the Foundation degree may be ideal for you. Its 3 evenings a week 1900 - 2100 and in each semester, you will study a Recording Module. Its a 2 year course and if you pass that, you have the option to make it a BA by taking the 3rd Year. If you need more info, just drop me a PM.

Many thanks

I'm very interested in something like this. I'm based in Bristol (so I'm thinking BIMM may help) but three nights a week is a bit much. What's the format of the Audio Master Class Bilbo? Worth the $217 do you reckon?

I want to learn about recording vocals, bass, guitar, mixing it all together and being able to pop the results on iTunes at some point.

I too would love to do something like this , I have seen something listed from the Manchester Met Uni , with classes at Northwich , this could be right up my street as while I have learned soooooo much from you guys , I think the hands/ears on instruction might be quite insightful .

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

[quote name='originalfunkbrother' timestamp='1393244952' post='2377652']
Hi Clarky

I am studying Music Technology at the University of West London. I too work full time so the Foundation degree may be ideal for you. Its 3 evenings a week 1900 - 2100 and in each semester, you will study a Recording Module. Its a 2 year course and if you pass that, you have the option to make it a BA by taking the 3rd Year. If you need more info, just drop me a PM.

Many thanks
[/quote]

Looking forward to the new studios in the basement opening next week?