Why become a member? ×

iOS for the gigging Bassist

tayste_2000

Ok I've not read through the whole thread yet but could I use this this kind of setup for JUST pedals? I'm looking to add a few pedals to my sound, maybe a chorus, decent distortion, and an ocataver but if I can avoid buying physical pedals for the price they cost and still able to run in to my valve rig I'll be happy!

So am I able to run the set up as just pedals and no amp sim?

Yes - just drag the amp out of the signal chain.
If you're going to do it that way it's probably cheapest to get the free version and just add the effects packs you want rather than buy the pro version although it's on offer at the minute so maybe look carefully at the package prices first)

very interesting topic, I would like to say THANK YOU tayste for inspiration and comprehensive description in that amazing blog series. it influenced me to borrow irig hd and purchase jamup + packs during this summer sale. I don´t know why, but i would like to go with less described way - with a USB Class Compliant interface, so I can power my ipad and use midi oriented controllers...but who knows how it will end :) I don´t need to end with "all packed in bass guitar case", so I would probably prefer something like IO dock 2/foot controller/DI/tuner and not use bluetooth controllers...but again, who knows, am only exploring the possibilities, and to be honest, the idea that I will be able to replace my board + SVT VR/SVT810 rig with an Ipad and couple of gadgets is pretty crazy and also scary :)

[quote name='p58' timestamp='1407161073' post='2517883']
very interesting topic, I would like to say THANK YOU tayste for inspiration and comprehensive description in that amazing blog series. it influenced me to borrow irig hd and purchase jamup + packs during this summer sale. I don´t know why, but i would like to go with less described way - with a USB Class Compliant interface, so I can power my ipad and use midi oriented controllers...but who knows how it will end :) I don´t need to end with "all packed in bass guitar case", so I would probably prefer something like IO dock 2/foot controller/DI/tuner and not use bluetooth controllers...but again, who knows, am only exploring the possibilities, and to be honest, the idea that I will be able to replace my board + SVT VR/SVT810 rig with an Ipad and couple of gadgets is pretty crazy and also scary :)
[/quote]

If you wanna go class compliant midi controller route.

Apogee Duet and Softstep, you can do the midi over usb that way, would be stunning and with the dual I/O you could do some really cool options.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='tayste_2000' timestamp='1407261275' post='2518956']
Anyone not wanting a sonic port but something like the Positive Grid plug HD or Apogee Jam this could be handy [url="http://www.radialeng.com/stagebugsb5.php"]http://www.radialeng...stagebugsb5.php[/url]
[/quote]

I would like to know, what is better solution in terms of sound quality - if sonic port kind of solution (everything through 30pin/lightning port), or Psotive Grid plug HD/Apogee Jam and this radial box (bass signal through 30pin/lightning port, signal out through audio port).

I have been gigging with Jam up pro through an Alesis IO Dock for a while now...... Just recently the in built tuner on Jam up pro doesnt appear to be very accurate .... so much so ive started using a pedal tuner now live .... has anyone else noticed this .... or is there even a fix for it?

Cheers

I found it overly sensitive for quite a while it has calmed down now so i assume they made it less accurate.

I have a Boss TU-3 on my gigging board so I tune up pre gig and then just tweak in the showing using the TU3 or Jamup tuner, I've noticed anything bad with it. Just a hardware tuner is nice as a solid mute switch

Depends on the floor tuner.

I have 2 iOS rigs now, 1 is a sonic port in my gig bag that goes everywhere with me and the other is a sonic port on a board with a Boss TU-3, Stageclix wireless and soon a Wireless IEM transmitter.

The only reason I have the tuner on the board is because I can, it sits off stage, means I can mute and allows me to run other feeds out etc.

But I'll happily gig using just the jamup tuner.