Why become a member? ×

iOS for the gigging Bassist

tayste_2000

I use a Hercules iPad holder, on a normal mike stand. I'd rather not go too cheap on a holder and risk failure.

I was looking for a longer Sonic Port -> iPad lead (didn't find one), but with the holder above, I can position the iPad near to the Sonic Port, which I have on my amp/rack.

[quote name='sk8' timestamp='1407962735' post='2525900']
Blueboard is well worth it!
[/quote]

Is the expression pedal input on the Blueboard for a bog standard http://basschat.co.uk/topic/242160-moog-ep-2-expression-pedal-l25-delivered/ kind of thing or is it some fancy-dan continuous midi controller thang?

Inspired by the Loopy app (instead of getting an RC-300 or boomerang) I've pulled the trigger on a Sonic Port and the requisite apps, however, I need an app that can step through a sequence of midi cc messages (to send to Loopy using CoreMidi or via the freEwi app) triggered by a blueboard. Does anyone have any suggestions of such an app? Ideally one that has a free version to try out before I make a financial commitment

[quote name='tayste_2000' timestamp='1409938503' post='2544875']
So you want to send loopy more than 1 control at a time?
[/quote]

possibly yeh, so I can mute some loops and unloop others simultaneously for different song sections. I've just picked up a second hand blueboard off here, and I have a bluetooth keyboard which I might hack into another footcontroller, so I might not need a specific app.

Having said that, it would be nice to have an app running which automated song structure (and possibly drums too) and did all the switching between presets

Nothing that I know of but, you can amp the same midi control to do multiple things in loopy so 1 button press could do everything you're asking.

Remember you can add foot switches and get 8 commands going through a single blueboard

I'm also not sure you can run 2 blueboard a at a time if you can let me know I'd love one doing programme changes and 1 doing command changes

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='tayste_2000' timestamp='1409958305' post='2545078']
Nothing that I know of but, you can amp the same midi control to do multiple things in loopy so 1 button press could do everything you're asking.

Remember you can add foot switches and get 8 commands going through a single blueboard

I'm also not sure you can run 2 blueboard a at a time if you can let me know I'd love one doing programme changes and 1 doing command changes
[/quote]

Ste, a couple of questions about Auria if you don't mind?

Does Auria provide track automation the same way as say Cubase, Reason and other Windows based DAWs?

Could midi tracks in Auria be used to control Loopy by sending PC or CC messages?

I have this post from earlier today [url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/246090-multi-effects/page__pid__2563138#entry2563138"]http://basschat.co.uk/topic/246090-multi-effects/page__pid__2563138#entry2563138[/url]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]So, I'm guessing I can maybe just use the effects in MainStage/Logic Pro, and my interface (Focusrite Scarlett 2i2) into my amp ?[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]I have a Softstep midi pedal that I [/font][/color][font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif"][color="#282828"]could use to control the things in MainStage.[/color][/font]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]My gigs fall into 2 categories -[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]1) Normal gigs, no effects and a real amp.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]2) I'm starting to do some ambient type gigs, and have a few very interesting projects in the pipeline. These are quite small affairs, and I'll just plug whatever into my amp. [/font][/color]

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='owen' timestamp='1412606862' post='2570304']
Anyone using the iPad to do front end DSP for their rigs? Parametric EQ + Multiband compression + Limiting etc etc etc
[/quote]

certainly considering something like this. I've used audiobus with jamup/bias into the PA at rock band rehearsals which sounded promising (not gigged it yet tho') and at some point I want to try a similar setup with the upright, where it would be nice to have a couple of parametric modules 'on standby' to control potential feedback amongst other things. Positive Grid do a nice mastering app which might be worth an experiment with to polish a live sound too

[quote name='woodyratm' timestamp='1411251438' post='2557957']
What power amps are you guys using (if any)?

I'd like to take ipad, light amp and barefaced cab for gigs and practice. Was eying up the EHX magnum 44 but not sure its loud/clean enough. I'd rather any distortion came from my actual preamp tones.
[/quote]

I've ended up with a Markbass F1, I run my Sonic Port straight into the front of it.. Nice and neutral amp, doesn't colour the iPad preamp tones, it's loud and very very small. Into my Compact, I haven't come across a situation where it isn't loud enough yet, and I've never pushed it...

[quote name='owen' timestamp='1412720386' post='2571456']
I have emailed them about using the mastering doobrie in real time.
[/quote]

just had a quick look, and it appears you can add it to the middle slot in audiobus, whereby the app switches to 'audiobus mode', and it then appears to work in real time :)

They said

"No, you can not. Final Touch plays back audio files only.
Cheers
Support @ Positive Grid"
and the app store review says
" Customer Reviews

[b] broken currently[/b]

by Tayeb meftah
i used to use Final Touch to finalise my radio show or do postprocessing using direct with audiobus
now audiobus is not functional, can't find final touch on input, output or filter chain!
please make the module switching area accessible to blind users using VoiceOver
thank and hope to see FT comming back to audiobus:)

[b] iOS 8 UNUSABLE IN AUDIOBUS[/b]

by Erik of ~Anzeigen
KINDLY UPDATE _ALL_ YOUR APPS !"