Why become a member? ×

Lakland US Decade Short scale *Traded*
£1750

Legion

I've literally just driven back from trying out a Double Bass that's up for sale local to me and I have to confess to having an epiphany about it - I really miss the physicality of playing a DB and the tone. I now know I'm ready to go in that direction again after a few years. I also just got a call from a friend (its taking me ages to write this ad due to all the interruptions!) and he has lined up a great bunch of people locally and wants me on bass, DB if possible as there's an accordion in the line up. Likely to be very Madeline Peyroux inspired.

So unfortunately this recent, very rare purchase has to go in order to generate some funds. When I say rare I mean it...I've never seen another one come up for sale apart from this which is why I felt compelled to snag it.

It's a Lakland US Decade with the normal (neo) Chisonic pickups and a short scale neck. Great bass, well balanced, beautifully built, lovely smooth neck and a good weight at a shade over 8lbs. It's in Ocean Turquoise metallic so pictures tend not to capture that very well. Clean original cream hard case obviously included.

I've fully shielded the cavity and grounded the pickups so its hum-free and ready to go. I realise these are somewhat niche so I'm expecting to have to wait for the right buyer to come along, but there's no hurry at my end. Looking for [s]£1750[/s] [s]£1700[/s] [s]£1650[/s] [s]£1600[/s] £1550

If you want to know what it sounds like, head over to here:
[url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/230182-lakland-decade-vs-fender-pino/page__p__2373179__hl__decade__fromsearch__1#entry2373179"]http://basschat.co.u..._1#entry2373179[/url]

EDIT: forgot to add, has a finish crack at the neck pocket, very common issue on the top poly coat. Very hard to see this, only visible in the right light (tough to photograph thats for sure)

More pics to follow

Edited by Legion

Bump, and another price drop to £1600 - I'm rather annoyed that the person I bought it from has lowballed me on ebay with a 3rd ebay username which he seems to think I'm not savy enough to realise is him.

I would much rather see this go to a good home with a Basschatter

What kind of trade offers would interest you? I have a 2009 L&G JB (Jazz Bass - USA built) ... stunning instrument & absolutely mint. I've been thinking of selling it as I simply don't use it enough & it really should go to someone who will ... I'm not entirely decided yet, but let me know if that might appeal. I'd probably be looking at a trade value of around £1000.

[quote name='makssbass' timestamp='1398294592' post='2432719']
What kind of trade offers would interest you? I have a 2009 L&G JB (Jazz Bass - USA built) ... stunning instrument & absolutely mint. I've been thinking of selling it as I simply don't use it enough & it really should go to someone who will ... I'm not entirely decided yet, but let me know if that might appeal. I'd probably be looking at a trade value of around £1000.
[/quote]
Fair question - not one I'd put much thought into yet...

Double basses...(adjustment either way)
EUBs (maybe, very picky about these)
Maybe a road worn jazz + cash
Something off-the-wall-different

[quote name='makssbass' timestamp='1398725272' post='2437082']
Seriously tempted, but will have to sell some stuff first ... will keep an eye on it! :)
[/quote]
[quote name='mcgraham' timestamp='1398752703' post='2437140']
Utterly stunning. Love that blue headstock.
[/quote]
Thanks guys - another bump for the weekend. For anyone on the fence, time may be running out as I have a trade lined up if we can work out the logistics.