Why become a member? ×

A newbie back where I belong :-)

93supervee

Hello all, been lurking for some time and pleased to see a great, active forum free of d***heads.

I'm 49, Welsh born & bred but Newcastle based for years and consider myself musically transgendered, meaning a bassist trapped in a guitarist's body. Been playing 6 strings on and (mainly) off for 30 years and never got any good and now that my teenage son has rocketed past me in ability, I'm giving more attention to 4 strings, which is what I should have done all along.

I've got a trusty old '89 Korean Squier Jazz (newly fitted with pickups supplied by The Bass Doc), no proper bass amp or budget for one so it's a slightly unusual amp choice of my Laney Lionheart 5W Class A valve amp at home - surprisingly good tone for bass practice!

I'm a simple soul into simple rigs and back in the day, loved playing our bassist's Mustang through the pub's Selmer PA amp into a Sound City 412. Gigged a couple of years back with borrowed Ashdown/Trace Elliot 410+115 stacks which was rather fun and now looking to do more of the same.

Glad to be here!

Hey SuperVee,

Welcome!
I'm sure you'll fit right in.

[quote name='93supervee' timestamp='1393698939' post='2383543']
pleased to see a great, active forum free of d***heads.
[/quote]

Dunno about that. We sometimes have heating discussions, and then some people soon start insulting:
[url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/231065-help-with-reducing-damp-in-workshopstudio/"]http://basschat.co.u...workshopstudio/[/url]
;) :D

Anyway, enjoy!

bert

Edited by BassTractor

...a bassist trapped in a guitarist's body. Glad to be here!
[/quote]

You're in good company. I'm a lunatic trapped in the body of a weasel, trapped in the mind of Michael Gove.
Stamp out bourgeois revisionism! And another thing - why oh why can't we ever... (cont. p94)

Welcome to the forum. :)

Hello all, been lurking for some time and pleased to see a great, active forum free of d***heads.
Glad to be here!
[/quote]

Humph!! So you've not noticed ME then!!

Welcome anyway!

Cheers

Richard

Edited by Grangur