Why become a member? ×

March Composition Challenge - GET RECORDING!

Skol303

[quote name='Lord Sausage' timestamp='1393788308' post='2384389']
Not gonna enter again this month. No disrespect i just can't get into these 'Still' pictures that are being used. Just doesn't do anything for me. But best of luck to everyone. I will listen and vote at the end!
[/quote]
normally the still pictures get my mind working, but i can't get any inspiration from anything at the moment, i want to enter, but i just hate writing at the moment

[quote name='charic' timestamp='1394440752' post='2391235']
I've actually got something on the go this month!

Here it is so far! Please excuse the dodgy guitar playing :lol:

[url="https://soundcloud.com/thebrokensky/at-sunset"]https://soundcloud.c...ensky/at-sunset[/url]
[/quote]

[i]Wh... what?![/i] Since when did hell freeze over?? CHARIC HAS ENTERED A TRACK!!!

Not that I’m making a big deal out of this but…

[size=6]CHARIC HAS ENTERED A TRACK!!![/size]

Someone check his temperature. Feed him those happy pills. Subdue him. This just isn’t natural. The apocalypse must be coming. Run! Run for your lives!!

[i]Ahem.[/i] Yeah. Sorry Rik. Caught me by surprise there mate :D

Just had a quick listen and it sounds ace. Well back, amigo. And about bloody time too!

Edited by Skol303

[quote name='Skol303' timestamp='1394754298' post='2394989']

[i]Wh... what?![/i] Since when did hell freeze over?? CHARIC HAS ENTERED A TRACK!!!

Not that I’m making a big deal out of this but…

[size=6]CHARIC HAS ENTERED A TRACK!!![/size]

Someone check his temperature. Feed him those happy pills. Subdue him. This just isn’t natural. The apocalypse must be coming. Run! Run for your lives!!

[i]Ahem.[/i] Yeah. Sorry Rik. Caught me by surprise there mate :D

Just had a quick listen and it sounds ace. Well back, amigo. And about bloody time too!
[/quote]

cheeky git, hopefully ill get some time to wrote the next part of it tomorrow though :)

[url="https://soundcloud.com/al-the-bassman/to-paco"]https://soundcloud.c...bassman/to-paco[/url]

heres my (somewhat pitiful ) attempt at flamenco esq tune
hope you enjoy ,
no Guitars or Animals where harmed during the recording of this track
Comments welcome :(

Edited by AL-the-Bassman

[quote name='AL-the-Bassman' timestamp='1395009198' post='2397788']...Comments welcome...[/quote]

Ah, what a shame. All that, only to fall foul of Rule 3...

[quote][b]3) Entries should be no more than five minutes long...[/b][/quote]

...and he was doing so well, too..! :P

No, but seriously...

Yet another masterpiece from the Master. Great stuff, Al; a very serious contender.

(Note to the Jury:
Please deal with these excesses with lenience; he means no harm, and is an inspiration to others. OK, 2 hours might be too much (Hmmm..?), but what's a couple of dozen seconds between friends, eh..? Clemency, mercy, tolerance; all fine qualities, and, after all is said and done: "No Guitars or Animals were harmed". I rest my case... :thank_you:)

Edited by Dad3353

[quote name='xgsjx' timestamp='1395213872' post='2399724']
When's closing the date? I've got an entry, but it's just in the finishing off stages & I'd like to get an entry in this mumph.
[/quote]

Hi G, it'd be good to have you back amongst us mate!

The closing date is [b][size=5][color=#B22222]midnight on Monday 24th March[/color][/size][/b]... y'know, written big and red just like it is in the first post at the top of this thread :P :D

[quote name='AL-the-Bassman' timestamp='1395143600' post='2399080']

C'mon BOY, I've been waiting for your track all month. theres still time,
I know you Can Do It
[/quote]
Yeah I know but everything feels crap and I'm really busy this month. I may record an acoustic song or something. Thanks for the boost Al.

Ok, I'm in!

A very brief and hasty effort from me this month... but better than nowt.

https://soundcloud.com/skollob/the-light-that-burns-twice-as

I avoided the flamenco route because I'd never heard of Paco De Lucia until his name cropped up on Basschat [i](yes, I am a cultural heathen!) and[/i] I didn't really get 'flamenco' from the picture. Nor can I actually play flamenco, which is more the point! :D So I noodled something on the bass, added some strings and several layered recordings of me 'oooo'ing' and 'aaaaah'ing', drenched everything in spacey reverb and that was that.

Feedback welcome as always.

[b]I'll be posting up the voting thread tomorrow (Monday) at midnight.[/b] If you're still working on something after the deadline then drop me a message and I'll make sure your track gets added.

[quote name='AL-the-Bassman' timestamp='1395605655' post='2404305']
Well done skol,
great little track, ,
what fretless do u use, great sound
[/quote]

Cheers Al! I use a Warwick... bought for a very good price from a fellow Basschatter. Can't say I'm anywhere near proficient in terms of playing it - the unlined neck is still something I'm getting used to - but I love the freedom of expression it offers [i](NB: that's code for me saying "my intonation sucks!" :D).[/i]

[quote name='xgsjx' timestamp='1395643633' post='2404557']
I was hoping to have mine finished, but never got to touch it at the weekend.
I'll post what I've done at lunchtime.
[/quote]

No probs, G. Post up the link anytime today - or if you're running late, send me a message with it included and I'll add you to the list.

[b]To everyone else... voting starts at midnight![/b]

Edited by Skol303