Why become a member? ×

March Composition Challenge - GET RECORDING!

Skol303

[size=5][color=#B22222][b]March's Composition Challenge is now underway.[/b][/color][/size]

[size=5]Here's the image for your inspiration, as chosen by last month’s winner [b]the boy[/b]…[/size]

[size=5]And here are the rules 'n' stuff…[/size]

By entering the competition you agree to the [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules"]Basschat Terms & Conditions[/url] and [url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/3178-forum-guidelines/"]Forum Guidelines[/url], which are designed to help ensure the forum remains free of offensive and/or illegal behaviour and material. In a nutshell:

[b]1) Please avoid any content that other forum users may find offensive.[/b] If your track contains explicit lyrics, for example, then please warn other forum users so they can choose for themselves whether to listen to it.

[b]2) Please make sure you have permission to use any 3rd party sounds included in your track[/b] (ie. sounds that you have not recorded yourself, such as samples of other people's music). The owners of Basschat accept no responsibility for infringements of copyright or other forms of legal ownership, which are solely the responsibility of competition entrants. If we spot any breaches of copyright then your track will be removed from the competition.

For reference: here's a great source of copyright-free material, all available under Creative Commons license: http://www.freesound.org/

[b]3) Entries should be no more than five minutes long and written/produced during the month of the competition[/b], taking inspiration from the photo provided. No cheating!

If you have any questions about the competition rules, just ask.

[b][size=5][color=#B22222]The deadline for entries is midnight on Monday 24th March.[/color][/size][/b]

Get busy! :)

This one is a touch interesting :gas: , I can't quite get my head around it , probably over thinking it as normal , but it almost looks like a photoshoppy / cartoon kind of image , with either the sun or the moon making an appearance :D , I have Lurksalittle and her friend Popsinforalurknowandagain ( she is only 10 , ah bless) helping with ideas , so this could get very random B)

[quote name='Dad3353' timestamp='1393708226' post='2383675']Think 'Andalusia', maybe..?[/quote]

Yeah, you got it.

I think a literal photo of Paco de Lucia may have been a little, err, constraining for those of us not versed in flamenco guitar. Which I'm assuming is most of us ;)

[quote name='AL-the-Bassman' timestamp='1393709245' post='2383688']I shall be brushing up on the fridgian and meloncholic minor scales[/quote]

Whilst I shall be Googling those terms and reminding myself to make more effort learning theory :D

[quote name='Dad3353' timestamp='1393709215' post='2383687']
Is there an extra bonus for anyone able to conjure up an homage to Paco, inspired by the photo, but without flamenco content..? :rolleyes: No promises on my part, though; it's tough enough as it is..! :lol:
[/quote]

:D , mere padding that one Dad , I am sure you have already sorted this and are just conversing to put a decent bit of time before loading it up . :lol:

[quote name='lurksalot' timestamp='1393711668' post='2383716']
:D , mere padding that one Dad , I am sure you have already sorted this and are just conversing to put a decent bit of time before loading it up . :lol:
[/quote]

Gadzooks..! Foiled again..! You've seen through my cunning ruse. Blast your hide, lurksalot; blast your hide..! :angry2:

My first thought was of a tumour on the landscape so I guess I'm expecting loads of minor chords this month.
Can't wait until I can get my head around production just so I can enter these competitions.
Looking forward to listening to the entries, good luck fellas.

Edit_ well done the boy, that hook was killer

Edited by Horizontalste

Great pic & I've gotten inspiration from it.

Every month I say I'm gonna get an entry & every month I do make a start, but never get time to finish.
I've made a start, hopefully I'll get it finished this week!

[quote name='AL-the-Bassman' timestamp='1393709245' post='2383688']
a great challenge
and I shall be brushing up on the fridgian and meloncholic minor scales
[/quote]
[quote name='Skol303' timestamp='1393711445' post='2383712']
Whilst I shall be Googling those terms and reminding myself to make more effort learning theory :D
[/quote]

Well Skol , I too have done some googling and it would appear that Al's kids may have been weighing a large fruit and made a bit of a mess , I am not sure why he thinks you are called Ian though , I would just get on with the challenge and let the kids clean their own mess up . :rolleyes:

Anyway ,I have found a fair bit about Paco de Lucia , but not so much about his brother Andy ,

Edited by lurksalot

[quote name='lurksalot' timestamp='1393748635' post='2383864']

Well Skol , I too have done some googling and it would appear that Al's kids may have been weighing a large fruit and made a bit of a mess , I am not sure why he thinks you are called Ian though , I would just get on with the challenge and let the kids clean their own mess up . :rolleyes:

Anyway ,I have found a fair bit about Paco de Lucia , but not so much about his brother Andy ,
[/quote]
Or his Sister Ann-

I was once told that Spain is the devils country, for this reason God filled it with angels, and so their is this constant struggle between good and evil which gives birth to a pallet of emotions and temperaments that make the Spanish people so amazing and interesting. This picture by chance represents this perfectly to me. For me this picture says "satans last stand"............ It is also a picture of the Andalusian countryside which is Pacos birthplace so stop overthinking it and get on with it. :D lol.