Why become a member? ×

Aer one combo fan problem

bucko

Hi there I hope someone can help me.Recently bought a second hand Aer one bass combo,its going perfect apart from the fan not coming on.It used to come on as soon as I turned the amp on,so im wondering can I do damage to it,as I noticed it getting hot after a 2 hour gig,and also is it an easy fix finding and replacing the fan.The amp is just over a year old and was bought off Thomann, so I could check with the seller about the guarantee on it.Would prefer to get it fixed myself rather than sending it back to Thomann.Greatly appreciate any help or advice on this.Thanks.

• 1 month later...

Hi, I've recently got myself an amp one which I'm mightily impressed with and have just been doing a little research on this issue as I wondered why my fan didn't come on, then I realised it doesn't have a fan! some of these appear to have a heatsink and some have a fan, I'm not sure when the change was done or why or which came first, but I have emailed AER to try and find out. Mine has a big black heatsink on the back, if you google pictures of the amp you will see the difference. I shall post when AER reply after the Easter break.