Why become a member? ×

Hello!

Christian Topman

Hi,

Having only dropped in to basschat via google searches and the odd random visit, I finally got around to sorting the account and having a good search around. Should have done it earlier, what a fantastic recourse! I'd add that I completely messed up my subscription and first listing attempt and was helped out and put right almost instantly by Ped, so many thanks.

I'm a musician, bass player and teacher based in York. I mostly play upright though have had a recent surge of enthusiasm for playing electric. Looking forward to exchanging some ideas with other bass players and teachers about playing for fun and a living, pick up some advice and inspiration on music, gear, strings for upright (of course) and get some of this old gear listed!

Anyway, I'm sacking off facebook, so looking for some productive online activity.

A rather vague introduction, which I hope is appropriate. I have reliably been informed that in forum world, you'll all be quick to point out if it wasn't!

Cheers,

Christian

[quote name='Mr Bassman' timestamp='1393982853' post='2386677']
Hi Christian,

I've had your number passed to me on several times but I don't think we've met yet.

I'm just down the road from you in Harrrogate, maybe we should meet up sometime.

cheers

Keith
[/quote]

Hi Keith,

Yes, be great to hook up sometime.

I see you have a Ten2 and a GK 150s going. Why is that, not your bag? I have recently got hold of a twin channel coda, fantastic for upright. Tempted by your 150s as mine at 20 years is starting to fade :(

I was in your neck of the woods the other day playing at "Charlie's Place". Nice venue, had a good time.

Are you ever over York way?

Cheers,

Chrstian

• 2 weeks later...