Why become a member? ×

Zoom B3 - Share Your Patches

uncle psychosis

Hey folks

I know there are a few B3 users here, anyone care to share your patches? To start with I guess just post your settings, but if we get enough interest maybe we can set up an online repository somewhere for everyone to post their patches directly.

I've got a couple of nice ones based on ideas I got from Talkbass, I'll post them when I get home.

That's great! I'm planning to buy one. In the meantime, would you mind to explain how do you get those files into the machine? Cheers!

All you need is a USB cable and the "edit and share" software from Zoom. You can download it on their website. You can also use the software to rearrange, rename, and just generally edit the patches on your B3. It is very straightforward to use.

• 4 months later...

Am i the only one that wants to use the B3 as a 3 distinct pedal unit?

I would like to find a site with presets for each individual Fx not for a whole patch. It's easier to kick in a fx in a part of a song then to have to select a diferent patch (remember that to go to patch selection you have to press the fist pedal thus activating/desactivating that designed fx for a second before the unit enters patch selection mode).

Am i the only one that wants to use the B3 as a 3 distinct pedal unit?

I would like to find a site with presets for each individual Fx not for a whole patch. It's easier to kick in a fx in a part of a song then to have to select a diferent patch (remember that to go to patch selection you have to press the fist pedal thus activating/desactivating that designed fx for a second before the unit enters patch selection mode).

I'm with you mate! I've been working on the type of sound I need for my song list and I set the pedals in what could be defined as a 'patch', but I would rally be using one Fx at a time. Example: Dist/Oct on the first, Flanger on the second, and Fuzz on the last. I tweak each individual effect as necesarry for its use in the song... simple!

I use it as a three pedal unit too. Generally I use the same three effects (or subsets thereof) for all songs (chorus and amp sim, reverb to thicken things up for some guitar solos), but there's a few that I use just on one song so there's a separate couple of patches for those.

• 6 months later...

Many thanks for putting these patches online.

I was looking for an Octaver and ended up getting my B3 down from the loft and realising how useful it is.

I'm at work playing with the Edit and Save software and can't figure out how to import the patches onto my Macbook. I want to download them but can't seem to drag or import the files. My B3 isn't connected and I'm working with the computer patch set.

The files have downloaded as .xml files.

Can anyone help?

Peter

• 1 year later...

Many thanks for putting these patches online.

I was looking for an Octaver and ended up getting my B3 down from the loft and realising how useful it is.

I'm at work playing with the Edit and Save software and can't figure out how to import the patches onto my Macbook. I want to download them but can't seem to drag or import the files. My B3 isn't connected and I'm working with the computer patch set.

The files have downloaded as .xml files.

Can anyone help?

Peter

The files should be xml format, but with an extension of *.b3p for an individual patch or *.b3a for an entire patch group.

Other than that, the process is pretty straightforward -

If you've not already connected your B3 to the computer you may need to add it to the displayed devices list - Display menu at the top, then Show Devices, then B3 if it's not already ticked.

Make sure the B3 tab (immediately above the Editor) is highlighted if you have more than one device type showing

Create yourself a new blank patch group - right click on PC in the Library and then click New Patch Group.

Give it a name, and then make sure that patch group is selected.

Right click on one of the empty patches in the big A0-J9 list and click Import.

Things might be slightly different on the Mac version of Edit & Share, but hopefully similar enough that you'll be able to work it out from that....

• 2 years later...
On 07/03/2014 at 08:59, Raslee said:

I use the Chameleon (Herbie Hancock) one that someone put up - t'is a very good replication, we do a few bars of that track as a link in my functions band :)

I've been searching for this tone for ages, do you know where I can download this patch?

• 7 months later...

I've had a B3 for a while now and never really sat and used it to it's full potential. Essentially, it's been a glorified tuner... 

I'm just recently getting to grips with it, but I'm not really sure I fully understand the concept - I'm looking for an expert to help me out!

- Can you only access three pedals at a time?

- If I'm on a patch and I turn off all three pedals, am I back to a completely dry signal?

- How does the bank function work? Is it just me that can't seem to press the two pedals simultaneously?! Does the bank function mean that you can access more than 3 pedals within one patch? So essentially you can keep the clean amp sim sound and the move between other effects such as wah, octave if/when needed during a set list?

- Can you only overwrite pre-loaded patches to create your own? Is there no option to go past J9 and create K0, 1, 2, 3 etc?

Any help greatly appreciated so I can finally get some proper use out of this machine.  

I've had a B3 for a while now and never really sat and used it to it's full potential. Essentially, it's been a glorified tuner... 

I'm just recently getting to grips with it, but I'm not really sure I fully understand the concept - I'm looking for an expert to help me out!

- If I'm on a patch and I turn off all three pedals, am I back to a completely dry signal?

- How does the bank function work? Is it just me that can't seem to press the two pedals simultaneously?! Does the bank function mean that you can access more than 3 pedals within one patch? So essentially you can keep the clean amp sim sound and the move between other effects such as wah, octave if/when needed during a set list?

- Can you only overwrite pre-loaded patches to create your own? Is there no option to go past J9 and create K0, 1, 2, 3 etc?

Any help greatly appreciated so I can finally get some proper use out of this machine.  

• 6 months later...

I've just bought one myself.  Although I am not an expert I'll have a go at answering some of your questions.

On 12/04/2019 at 11:03, MJE said:

Yes.  In addition, if you use memory hungry effects together the B3 may not be able to run them all.  It then bypasses one of them.  The graphic of the affected effect reflects the bypass with a cable running horizontally through the screen of that effect.  I believe the amp models are the most resource hungry effects.

Yes.

- How does the bank function work?
Buggered if I know.

Is it just me that can't seem to press the two pedals simultaneously?!
Until you get a feel for it perhaps yes.

Does the bank function mean that you can access more than 3 pedals within one patch?
No.  I think you are limited to three at a time.

So essentially you can keep the clean amp sim sound and the move between other effects such as wah, octave if/when needed during a set list?
Yes, if you scroll through them using the up and down "TYPE" buttons at the top of the screen where you want the effect.  The unit seems designed with the intent that you have your patches worked out and stored in a sequence that you can scroll through quickly with the footswitches.  That way, you can give them names that are relevant to your set.  Changing effects within a patch can't be done with the footswitches though.  You'd have to reach down and press the "TYPE" buttons.

- Can you only overwrite pre-loaded patches to create your own?
I think so.  My work around was to copy the patches over to my laptop using Zoom's Edit&Share utility as a back-up.  If I overwrite (the unit autosaves patch changes) a patch that I want to restore later it's still on the laptop.

Is there no option to go past J9 and create K0, 1, 2, 3 etc?
Not onboard the unit.

You're welcome.  I hope my limited knowledge helps.  This is also a great topic for other users to chip in with their findings.

The B3n will do seven patches in a chain and I read that it has better quality sims.  It gets rid of the XLR out though.  I'm dead happy with the relative simplicity of three effects at a time in the B3 for now.

Great topic OP!

Edited by SpondonBassed

I have used mine both as 3 stand alone pedals and multiple pedals combined into patches. It kind of depends on the band. 

I'm in a fairly loose pub covers band and it's fun to have different effects and use them on the fly however I fancy. 

Depping in a more formal function band I will load up the entire set, each patch labelled with each song title in set order and just move through a patch at a time. 

If one song calls for something different under a solo or wotnot I will copy the main patch tweak it for whatever the change is save the tweaked patch adjacent to the original then just go up to it as and when the song calls for it. That way I don't have to think just keep pressing the button to call up the next patch as and when needed. 

Labelling patches is important as it ensures I know where I am if, say the box gets stomped accidentally. 

When I use it as 3 stand alone pedals I can of course choose another three, six, nine whatever, but six is my maximum for ease. 'Patch' A1 might have distortion, chorus, compressor , A2  flanger, synth, compressor. That way if just one song has synth on it I go back out of home into bank, up to A2, out of bank and back to home. I can keep my compressor on throughout the gig but have that synth and flanger ready for that one song. 

The change sounds fiddly but in reality doing it between songs takes less time than a guitarist uses to check themselves in the mirror. 

• Like 1