Why become a member? ×

EV ELX 112P.... anyone tried them?

JTUK

Anyone tried these against other active cabs in the same class?

We normally run QSC KW122 cabs which are very good, have a renowned warranty and actually do what they say they do on the tin....
We need a backup option and the EV's are a wooden boxed competitor if some reviews are to be believed, at almost half the price...

Others in the mix are JBL 612, and Yam DSR112, but they are £800-ish ea..which is getting the KW price.

I favour wooden boxes over composite, so any opinions welcome or reasons why I should look further than the above

Many thanks.

Hi Mate
EV is nice and light for a wooden cab, fairly loud (ignore the power rating ((which is becoming standard practice these days!)) ) Vocal sound isn't what you'd expect from other EV cabs, but good enough at the price point. Funky Smell when they get warm ;) give it google and you'll see what i mean!

Yamaha DSR is louder i think, haven't run the two together though.

I note the mention of wood over plastic, but My Favourite Active 12 right now is the RCF HD12A, although it's plastic it retains a lot of the warmth of a wooden design, great vocal sound and very loud for the size! So if you have someone local who stocks a good range, well worth having a listen!

Edited by JMT3781

Not come across the RCF HD.... so thanks...will have a look.

Things move on quite quickly so the ELX is still in the frame, but might need to decide/consider
if hiring these out is an option and if so, I think I need to get something that fills a market.

So... passive have come in to the equation as has a ramp up in spec.

Nexo, D&B, pro RCF, JBL and EV cabs for corporate hire ( as opposed to pub trade and therefore no one runs
active much, there ) looks a better bet, ...???