Why become a member? ×

FAO Glasgow BCers: Stu Hamm masterclass.

lefrash

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Anyone near to this. . . . GO!

This man could make a fence rail with the worst strings in the world, nailed to it - with
the most questionable pick-up - make you wide mouthed and in awe.

Too far away for me but for locals. . . . take advantage!

:)

Edited by FlatEric

Really looking forward to this. Slightly annoyingly though, I found out this morning this is the same weekend as Radio 1's Big Weekend which is happening about 200 yards away in George Square at the same time, meaning the city centre is gonna be totally heaving, not a parking space to be had nearby and the trains full of annoying, excitable kids going to see Katy Perry, One Direction etc etc. Maybe need to speak nicely to the better half and see if she'll maybe act as taxi driver for the night!

• 4 weeks later...

What an excellent night, Stu Hamm is just a crazily talented player, although we knew that already anyway! Great night of story telling of growing up, how he started and who he's played with, all in really good humour, with the obligatory drummer jokes. So laid back as well and happy to chat and listen, brilliant.

I was the most amazed at his total control over the pickup volumes and tone pot, Im a 'everything full on all the time' kinda guy, but just a small twist can make such a difference.

You know what I find weird though, is that when he's back in town in October, its in Broadcast!! Thats just a wee venue, thats mental.