Why become a member? ×

Herts Bash 2014 - Sunday 6th July

TheGreek

I've had a number of PM's from others who plan to attend so I've added them to the list:

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]1: TheGreek - Ritter Cora/ ACG SC Harlot and Genz Benz 3.0/Vanderkley MNT112/ Drum machine.[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]2. Charic- ACG Finn 4 (Drop C), Custom MIM P bass with Shuker neck, Yamaha RBX6JM, Hartke Kilo, Bergantino NV610, TC Electronic Gmajor 2, Tech21 XXL, Behringer Bass Chorus [/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]3, Aende - Markbass F500, SWR 112 Cabs, MM Stingray, some effects......)[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]4. Sibob - Barefaced, Markbass, Fender Precisions, requests taken from the effects library [/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]5. Lozz196 - cakes[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]6. gary mac[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]7. Truckstop[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]8. seashell - Fender P[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]9. StephenYork - Alpher Custom Bass, EBS TD650 and either Markbass 152 or TC BC212. [/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]10. Bassface2K10[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]11. Doctor of the Bass[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]12. Captain Bass[/font][/color]

Edited by TheGreek

[quote name='sbonini' timestamp='1395501815' post='2403125']
Hey guys, this sounds great but it's a bit too early for me to confirm. Also, I don't have a car so getting there will be a bit of an issue.
[/quote]

I`m sure if you can get to the station we can arrange for someone to pick you up, save you wandering around Hatfield looking for the venue - not that walking around Hatfield is a bad thing mind.

[quote name='sbonini' timestamp='1395501815' post='2403125']
Hey guys, this sounds great but it's a bit too early for me to confirm. Also, I don't have a car so getting there will be a bit of an issue.
[/quote]

Worst case, there will be a few heading in from West London, I am sure a lift can be blagged if required! I am in Uxbridge/Ruislip area, but I am sure there are a few further in.

Edited by aende

I might come along and if anyone is interested I could bring along my bitsa precision: [url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/209842-squier-precision-mic-re-birth/page__fromsearch__1"]http://basschat.co.uk/topic/209842-squier-precision-mic-re-birth/page__fromsearch__1[/url]

Hopefully it will be finished [s]by[/s] long before then!

Would anyone be interested in an 'FX Trying' area? If I was to bring a lot of pedals, setup a couple of headphone amps and people can chain a few bits together and try out?

Or are people not fussed about effects in Herts? ;)

Si

[quote name='Sibob' timestamp='1395662545' post='2404746']
Would anyone be interested in an 'FX Trying' area? If I was to bring a lot of pedals, setup a couple of headphone amps and people can chain a few bits together and try out?

Si
[/quote]

Yes defo!

Si
[/quote]

Ooh yes, great idea!

Sounds interesting, am following this thread and will commit as soon as Mrs Hertsbass confirms our holiday plans.

Am comfortably one of the worst bass players in Hertfordshire, if not the entire South East (newbie player), so don't expect me to play much - I'll be on record the whole time!

Am however a bit of a vintage electronics junkie so could bring along an Akai DI and a Korg G5 if anyone's interested in having a play in Sibob's effects area...

Hope you can make it herstbass. IME the bass bashes are a great for newbie players. If find yourself brave enough to have a little play it will really boost your confidence. If not, you'll still learn loads and meet some terrific people who may become friends and/or unofficial mentors. And just soak up the generally bassy atmosphere.
I speak from experience, having attended my first one in Sept 2011 when I'd only been learning for about 9 months. :lol:

Don`t be concerned by other being better, many of the bassists at these are far better than me but I can play what I need to, and love playing the bass. They are the important parts. Plus as Seashell says, meeting up with other Basschatters is great, and you can make some good mates.

• 2 weeks later...

Si
[/quote]

Good idea, I hope to make it.