Why become a member? ×

Hey you lot

planer

Hi folks,

New to the site this pm having had a bit of a lurk for a while.

There's been a bass in my house for ages but I've not had the inclination to play until recently, now I have some buddies to mess around with it's a lot more fun.

A few weeks back I bought a Yamaha RBX374, which is a lovely thing and we seem to be getting on just fine. Got a little Vox combo that doesn't make nearly enough noise tbh, but is compact enough for my wife to [i]almost[/i] not notice.

A happy wife is worth the compromise I reckons, for now at least. She'll learn, eventually. Or just give in probably... bless 'er.

So I'm a noob to the site and pretty much a bass-noob too.

Cheers :)

Thanks fellas. I've just doubled the bass occupants of my house by getting the Yam, so I'll see how that goes down.

I was 'encouraged' to part with my big Peavey cab and Fender valve head recently, so I think I can wing having another bass in the house. Just. To be fair it was too big but it was bloody lovely.

Ten years? Is that all? Good job I'm a patient chap then...

Isn't every amp too small? :gas: :) The Vox thingy isn't terrible, it's just lacking in the trouser department after 15" of Peavey :blink: and the valve Fender. Still, better than a prod in the eye eh?

A 3rd bass you say? Now that sounds tempting... Don't they say that things in groups of an odd number look better than even? *reaches for wallet :happy:

edit:- and thanks again everyone for your kind welcomes.

Edited by planer

• 2 weeks later...