Why become a member? ×

Replacement Cable for Ultimate Ears TF10?

Am I right in thinking that the TF10s use the stand IEM connector?

Like this -

If so, speak to Paul here - [url="http://www.custom-inearmonitors.co.uk/"]http://www.custom-inearmonitors.co.uk/[/url]

He stocks a range of "vendor" cables as opposed to custom aftermarket cables, at a more suitable price - and will be able to advise on flexibility.

I know that cables is an interesting thing to focus on and their flexibility and weight is a crucial factor to comfort. For example, I prefer the heavyweight cable of the ACS ambient pack cable over the standard ACS cable because with it being thicker and heavier, it sits on top of your ears better and doesn't need a cable guide.

Edited by EBS_freak

Without trying to be too blunt, if you are really into your IEMs, save yourself the journey (and money) and pitch in at the level you can afford. A 1964 Quad for example, will blow away your TF10s in terms of sound quality and comfort. You cannot beat a custom fit either. It'll bring the bass levels up and it will feel so comfortable. No worries of them falling out or anything.

Do it. I promise you won't look back.

[quote name='tonyf' timestamp='1395087956' post='2398593']
Mind you, Russ is a VERY bad man. I'm currently on the 1964 Ears site designing my V8s.
[/quote]

I'm sorry Tony. When you started talking to me about tech and IEMs, I did say talking to me was likely to cost you money. A lot of money.

[quote name='EBS_freak' timestamp='1395087404' post='2398581']
Without trying to be too blunt, if you are really into your IEMs, save yourself the journey (and money) and pitch in at the level you can afford. A 1964 Quad for example, will blow away your TF10s in terms of sound quality and comfort. You cannot beat a custom fit either. It'll bring the bass levels up and it will feel so comfortable. No worries of them falling out or anything.

Do it. I promise you won't look back.
[/quote]

Not blunt at all, it was the Quads I was considering actually. The long turnaround time Paul mentioned for reshelling the TFs with Unique Melody put me off and subsequent internet searching hasn't thrown up many appealing alternatives. At the moment I can't justify the outlay on a new pair of IEMs though so it's a case with making do with the TFs as they are (which I have to say are still far superior to what I have toured internationally with before!).