Why become a member? ×

Musicman Stingray Classic 4 - Tobacco Burst, Birdseye neck - price drop £1100
£1300

wilko_66

After much deliberation I have finally decided to sell my Ernie Ball Music Man Stingray Classic 4-string. This is one of the early ones when they had just started making this line of stingrays (2010 I seem to remember).

Specs:

Ash body - Tobacco Burst w/ Black pickguard
Birdseye maple neck/fretboard
Single Humbucker
2 band EQ (I believe it is vintage voiced but please feel free to correct me on that)
String through body Music Man® chrome plated, hardened steel bridge plate with stainless steel saddles and [b]mute kit[/b]
Original Hardcase available also (with some notice to dig it out the attic)

I have gigged and recorded with it and it has always sounded fantastic, I just don't use it much any more. Well looked after, so only a slight ding on the fretboard - doesn't affect playability (see pic) - a bit of wear on the pickguard and a rare scratch here and there.

Looking for a straight sale for now please. You are welcome to come try it out, I am in Aylesbury, Bucks. Price £1100ono and happy to ship at buyers cost or deliver within a reasonable distance of Bucks. I gig a fair amount too, so am around London and the home counties a fair amount.

Edit: I might have been a bit keen on price, new price £1000 (open to offers)

[attachment=157532:2014-03-08 13.32.31.jpg]

[attachment=157533:2014-03-08 13.34.03.jpg]

[attachment=157535:2014-03-08 13.34.57.jpg]

[attachment=157534:2014-03-08 13.34.11.jpg]

[attachment=157536:2014-03-08 13.35.32.jpg]

[attachment=157537:2014-03-08 13.35.43.jpg]

Edited by wilko_66

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

Really sorry not been on in a while, loads of messages and stuff and feel like I've dropped the ball a touch. Yes it's still available and willing to ship to anywhere in the UK. Tbh, if it's London would be easier to drop it off myself for the price of the ticket (~£25) since I am in Bucks. Weight wise I don't know how much it weighs as I don't have scales, but I can certainly estimate. Held it up next to a 5kg bag of sugar (with a bit missing) and it weighs less than that, so I would guess somewhere close to 4kg. If it is important I will borrow some scales from somebody at some point.

Have a good weekend all!

Jamie

[quote name='wilko_66' timestamp='1413646774' post='2580522']
Hi guys,

Really sorry not been on in a while, loads of messages and stuff and feel like I've dropped the ball a touch. Yes it's still available and willing to ship to anywhere in the UK. Tbh, if it's London would be easier to drop it off myself for the price of the ticket (~£25) since I am in Bucks. Weight wise I don't know how much it weighs as I don't have scales, but I can certainly estimate. Held it up next to a 5kg bag of sugar (with a bit missing) and it weighs less than that, so I would guess somewhere close to 4kg. If it is important I will borrow some scales from somebody at some point.

Have a good weekend all!

Jamie
[/quote]

The old 'weigh your bass compared to sugar' trick; I now feel my bathroom scales are super accurate! ;)

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Lovely bass.
With respect, there have been 2 direct requests for accurate weight, in 14 months.
Quite a few others (myself included) will have thought the same, but not asked, expecting a weight to appear.
I would guess a female relative/friend would have some luggage scales.
Alternatively, £5.50, delivered, on FEEBay.

Might also help your cause if you gave an idea on any trade bait, if you are still inclined to look at trades.

GLWTS,
bump.

• 1 month later...

[quote name='karlfer' timestamp='1442821159' post='2869613']
Lovely bass.
With respect, there have been 2 direct requests for accurate weight, in 14 months.
Quite a few others (myself included) will have thought the same, but not asked, expecting a weight to appear.

Might also help your cause if you gave an idea on any trade bait, if you are still inclined to look at trades.

GLWTS,
bump.
[/quote]

Just seen this, and it is a very valid point. Life is just very busy :( I will weigh it tonight!

[quote name='karlfer' timestamp='1442821159' post='2869613']
Lovely bass.

GLWTS,
bump.
[/quote]

Just weighed the stingray, it's 9ibs 9oz or 4.5kg

Hope that helps everyone! :)

• 1 month later...