Why become a member? ×

Musima double bass Made in Germany SOLD
£580

SOLD

3/4 size, very good condition and includes soft padded case. Some slight 'dings', as can be seen in photos, but overall looks virtually unused. Recently strung with Innovation strings. Pickup not included.
Located SW London. £580.00

[attachment=157708:20140314_192718.jpg]
[attachment=157709:20140314_192735.jpg]
[attachment=157710:20140314_192812.jpg]
[attachment=157711:20140314_192922.jpg]

Edited by bassplayer76

Now reduced to £450. Despite being plywood this bass sounds really good and is a great transitional instrument for anyone wanting to take up upright bass. It is in excellent condition, and when you want to upgrade you'll get your money back by selling it on.

£450 is a bargain for one of these basses people (Thwaites of Watford have a couple of these on their website listed at £1,500). Buy this for £450, take it to your favourite luthier to have it set up exactly how you want it - even if you go mad, you'll still end up spending less than £800 for a very playable and great sounding ply bass. They're very solidly built and will take some real punishment, perfect for rockabilly or any band where things get a bit raucous.
It'll also work well for jazz - I used to have mine strung with Velvet Blues and my regular luthier was impressed at how much sustain it had.

I'm surprised this is still here. I listed one of these the week before this one turned up and had half a dozen interested parties, it sold almost immediately for a bit more than this.

I sold mine because the gig I was using it for had stopped happening. A week after selling it they called me again… :/