Why become a member? ×

Where do you keep your basses?

elom

My Fender Performer is winging its way across the Atlantic to me as we speak which will bring my collection up to 3. At present my current two are kept on the spare bed in their cases. This isn't going to work with 3 so I'm looking for some options for how I can store them, yet still have them accessible.

Given that some of you have large numbers of basses - where do you keep them?

Keep my basses in the music room (not really a music room, more the back bedroom with some musical stuff in it :huh: - currently just got the two basses, but always on the look out :)...

My main bass is usually cased up ready for gig action or on the stand for practice (if there are no gigs for any length of time), my other bass doesn't really get gigged but is always on hand for a bit of practice or just for a bit of a noodle - guitarist mate of mine from work has a multi-guitar stand, think it can take about 6 guitars, guess you could get something like this although I'm not sure where from...

there's 3 electric guitars and 3 electric basses that fit in their hard cases between the chimneybrest and the far wall in the back bedroom., there's an acoustic guitar on a stand in the living room, an acoustic guitar in a hard case shoved in the corner of the front room and an acoustic bass in a bloody huge hard case in the front room as well (although that's going back to the auld fella tomorrow).
I keep my guitar rig (2 1x12s) down at the studio and my bass rig (1x15 and head), pedalboards (gtr and bass) and a small guitar head are on a chest of drawers in the back bedroom.

Understandably it does the mrs' head in sometimes and when the next guitar turns up, i'll probably have to hide in the wardrobe for a few weeks.

[quote name='Aussiephoenix' post='24811' date='Jun 29 2007, 11:51 AM']I've got one of those warwick 5 instrument stands, thats where I keep the ones that I use the most.[/quote]+1. I have one of those, hiding in the shadiest corner of the study. Marvellous things, except when the foam wears through... that grey foam pipe-lagging stuff from B&Q is an excellent replacement though.

[quote name='Jean-Luc Pickguard' post='24902' date='Jun 29 2007, 02:02 PM']I have 8 wall hangers to display three musicmasters, three precisions, a jazz and a danelectro longhorn in the living room. Better than any other kind of wall art I think.[/quote]

+1. I keep mine right where I can get 'em. :)

Well I must confess that I do like the idea of wall-mounting them - easy access, nice to look at and out of reach of the kids! I'm not sure the missus will go for it but I'll broach it gently.

If that fails then I reckon that I'll take the shelves out of the cupboard in the spare room and one of those Thomann 3-guitar stands will fit just perfectly in the base.

[quote name='wateroftyne' post='24906' date='Jun 29 2007, 02:09 PM']+1. I keep mine right where I can get 'em. :)

[/quote]

seeing that jazz bass makes me wonder why i ever touched a can of spray paint in the first place. I also keep 3 of my 4 instruments on wall hangers and t'other 1, my favourite bass, on a stand next to the amp.

[quote name='Rich' post='24826' date='Jun 29 2007, 12:09 PM']+1. I have one of those, hiding in the shadiest corner of the study. Marvellous things, except when the foam wears through... that grey foam pipe-lagging stuff from B&Q is an excellent replacement though.[/quote]

Me too,I have a 5 unit - great bit of kit. One thing , though , is you have to put the stand further away from the wall than you might plan to. If you don't ,the headstock's end up propped against the wall.

Tell you something too - there's not much I wouldn't give up to have WaterofTyne's Fender wall !!!!!

[quote name='wateroftyne' post='24906' date='Jun 29 2007, 02:09 PM']+1. I keep mine right where I can get 'em. :)

[/quote]

Those are stunning basses.

I only have two these days, one lives under the stairs in its case, while the other is next to the bed for practising. They get alternated depending on my mood. I wish I could have a music room, but the kids have put paid to that, and as far as basses on the wall, I think my wife would leave me if I did that.................so where do buy wall hangers from?

I live on my own :) so don't have to worry about domestic harmony & damage!! I tend to have a bass/gui**r/amp in whatever room I'm in (except the bathroom & kitchen) :huh: . I have a few of the single stands around the house for when they're not being played. Though I do like the idea of hanging them on the walls.

At the moment I've got 4 basses and 2 guitars split between my room, on normal stands, and the "music room" (or the garage, as it was formerly known) on wall-hangers that tend to switch places quite often. Those 5 instrument stands are very appealing, though...