Why become a member? ×

BLAST CULT Channel Blaster pickup SOLD
£320

[size=4]Here for sale is a brand new and very rare Blast Cult channel Blaster pickup system. I bought it new only one month ago and I have only tried it in the house. It is absolutely great but as I would be using it with a Chadwick Folding bass, it is too much fiddling around for me to fit and take down the dual pickup system at every gig. So here it goes. This consists of the dual pickup (bridge and fingerboard) + tension screw to be fitted in bridge + all the fittings + the revolutionary preamp/stompbox + a stereo cable, which you will need to connect the pickups to the preamp so that both pickups can be engaged. [/size]
[size=4]There is a great review by Ed Friedland on this. The Channel Blaster part of the review starts at 4'40m.[/size]

[size=4]Here's the blurb from blast cult:[/size]
[size=4]Designed for slap bass players, the Channel Blaster delivers a range of sound simply untouched in the industry. A decade in the making, this is a hand built hound from hell, with two separate pick-up elements that are independently EQ’ed and blended via the Sipo hardwood pedal. First, a wooden bridge pick-up element mounts to the bridge wing with the included tension controller, providing mechanically regulated tone adjustment and feedback control. The second pick-up element is then mounted on the fingerboard, catching the organic percussion of the slapping strings. Driven through a single-ended Class A preamp, we then use field effect transistors (FET) instead of the more commonly used operational amplifiers – effective alchemy for a warmer, vacuum tube tone. The resulting electric witchcraft we call the Channel Blaster – the most versatile, feedback resistant pIEzo on the market today.[/size]

You don't need me to explain that this price represents a huge saving compared to importing from USA. Any questions, please ask. I'd love to avoid eBay with this as I would have to charge a higher price and it would be snapped up for sure so i will give it a couple of weeks here first. Cheers

Edited by Rabbie

If someone had an unused set of guts or a pickup like a rev solo fairly new, I would consider part exchange, obviously with money coming my way.
Try me. I will give it until the end of next week, then it's going straight on the old eBay.

Just to be absolutely clear guys. In order to engage both pickup you need to use a stereo cable from pickup jack to preamp input. I am including a 3metre long brand new Stagg pro audio cable. I think it's what you need but I am not 1000% sure. I tried it and it seems to work bit I am no cable expert. If you use a normal instrument cable, only one of the pickups (I think the slap one) becomes engaged, so it's no use. Stereo cable is what you need: hopefully it is exactly what I am including. If not, you'll need to buy one. If anyone has any advice on this one, much appreciated. Thank you.