Why become a member? ×

What Make String Are These?

Oggy

Hi

I've been having a tidy up and found a (4) set of used (very lightly) Flat Wound Strings - Short Scale. I was going to offer them as a 'for sale' item on the site but have no idea (can't remember) what make they are. They compare favourably (string diameter) with a set of La Bella - Deep Talkin' Flat Wound Strings (049 069 089 109) that I am going to offer for sale. The difference between the 'unknown make' and the La Balla set is that they have a black cotton winding at the headstock end instead of the blue winding on the La Bella set and the winding spacing is very slightly wider i.e less windings per inch / cm than the La Bella set.

Any idea what make they could be????

Oggy

Thanks Roland Rock, you could very well be right. The string diameters compare well with the La Bella flats I have up for sale so 45 - 109 would be just about it.

One other member has PM'd me and thinks they may be Lakeland.

Just to be sure that they sounded OK I un-strung (not sure if that's even a word) the Gibson this afternoon and put them on to try them - I'd be hard pushed to tell the difference between them an the La Bella Deep Talkin' set - perhaps just a tad brighter.

Thanks for your thoughts though I'll put them in the for sale forum.

Oggy

Lakland flats have black silk but do not come in short scale.

Lakland FS760 (i.e. standard gauge flats) have black silks and I'd expect the short scale version to have black silks too. That's 760FSS 45-105 for the short scale ones.

But maybe not your string.

EDIT: that shoud hav ebeen La Bella FS760 not Lakland.

Edited by EssentialTension