Why become a member? ×

Just ordered a new(but actually old) bass.......NBD!!!!!!!!

MarkG3

Ok, really annoyed. Apparently delivery was attempted yesterday, although no card or message was left saying that, even though I was in.

I eventually found out the courier is Citi post, I then find out for whatever reason the bass is being sent back to the seller!?!

I rang Citi post this morning who confirmed it's been sent back but said they handed it over to Hermes to deliver it and they didn't know why it has been marked as to be returned. Hermes won't talk to me as I'm the buyer, which is stupid. I've contacted the seller who hopefully can help out but I really don't know how they can.

Citi post said they will try and find out from Hermes why it's been sent back but they said only the seller can take things from here.

Seriously annoyed, this sort of stuff always happens to me :(

Ok so an update, I rang CitiPost again and they are contacting their operations people to see if they can pull it out of the returns. I tried Hermes and they said that they didn't have any package in the system for me. I said this to CitiPost who said that Hermes will, quote, 'say anything to get you off the phone as you are the buyer'.

Had a message from the seller who has contacted ebays global postage people who are also going to contact the courier to make sure it isn't returned.

So fingers crossed I'll have it soon!

[quote name='Mark_88MPH' timestamp='1396369179' post='2412785']
Ok so an update, I rang CitiPost again and they are contacting their operations people to see if they can pull it out of the returns. I tried Hermes and they said that they didn't have any package in the system for me. I said this to CitiPost who said that Hermes will, quote, 'say anything to get you off the phone as you are the buyer'.

Had a message from the seller who has contacted ebays global postage people who are also going to contact the courier to make sure it isn't returned.

So fingers crossed I'll have it soon!
[/quote]

That sounds like a massive ballache! Ordered from the states as well? Hope it comes to you soon!

Thanks me too!

So basically Citipost yesterday have said it's being sent back and essentially there's nothing I can do about it even though I was told it would take a few days before it's on a plane. Despite being told they could contact Hermes to pull it out I've now been told that they don't do that and Hermes don't have the 'systems' to do that.

The seller sent me a message they got from eBay who said that are in contact with Pitney Bowes who I think are the initial courier from the US. They said that they are working on getting me the item.

So at the moment I have no idea when I'm going to get the bass :(

Edited by Mark_88MPH

I came across Hermes for the first time this week. I ordered some floor mats for the car from Amazon. I went away over the weekend, and obviously Hermes tried to deliver them while I was away. I had a little card thing to say that they had attempted delivery but no indication of what was happening now - it didn't say whether they were attempting redelivery or whether I could collect from a depot or anything. So I called them to find out and they said that because I was the buyer they couldn't give me any information. I had to back through Amazon so that they could ring Hermes and find out where the mats were. It was the most frustrating experience I have had with a delivery company. I have never come across one before that won't talk to the people it is delivering to. It seems like a bizarre system.

Not yet :(

I messaged the seller on Monday and they copied in a response they had from eBay after contacting them and they said that eBay are still working on it and will get me the bass. But eBay said that it can take 14 days for them to contact the courier although said it is usually shorter than that, so it should be too.

So basically eBay have said they will get it to me, but can't give a time frame of when I'll actually get it.....

Yea? Well it's not looking like I'll actually get it, all the seller said was "I'm not sure, have they given you a refund"

I emailed back saying to clarify I want the bass and not a refund.

I've now opened a case, so the seller has 8 days to provide info on when it will be delivered, then if it's not been resolved after that then eBay will look at the situation and make a decision over it.

So I reckon after all this time I'm just going to end up with a refund and no bass :(

SERIOUSLY annoyed, ebay have closed the case in favour of the seller and stated I didn't provide a valid delivery address which is complete w*nk.

I just did the option for them to call me and I explained all about it and how I've used exactly the same address for all the other things I've bought on ebay and never had a problem with my address before. I said that their website says we guarantee you the item or a refund, well I have neither so what are they going to do about it?

I was told that even though I was speaking to ebay that a different company within ebay who handle the global postage section are the ones who have been managing my case so the person I spoke to has said that I want to appeal it and will pass this on to the global postage team for them to contact me within 24 hours.

What a big lump of sh*t

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Thanks mate so do I, that's all they said, I've said all along I don't want a refund I want the bass but there is no mention of getting it:[/font]

[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][color=#333333][b]Customer Support comments:[/b][/color]
[color=#333333]You didn't provide a valid delivery address when you bought the item.[/color]

[color=#333333][b]Final decision:[/b]
A refund won't be issued for this case.[/color][/font][/size]

Edited by Mark_88MPH

What?? Can you reveal the name of the seller as they must surely be complicit in you being denied a refund?

The address is crazy because they actually (seemingly) turned up there to deliver it. I am certainly going to make sure any purchase of mine is not delivered by them. Really sorry to hear you've been the victim of a robbery.