Why become a member? ×

Synth emulation. Bright Lights Bigger City.

Mog

One of the cover bands wants to give Bright Lights Bigger City a go which is fine with me, there's a nice handy pocket groove throughout the tune. However I'd prefer if we could replicate the synth stabs at the start of the tune.

My plan is to play them on bass and record the phrase with a loop pedal which would allow me to replay it as needed during the song.
However! I'm having real trouble emulating the sound. I'm thinking an EHX Ringworm before a Digitech Bass Whammy might get me close but that's a lot of tap dancing. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBhdIcb84Hw[/media]

Edited by Mog

That's going to be tricky. Can't imagine what pedals will get you close. You'll might need to build the chords up note by note in the looper.

Maybe this is cheating, but what about cutting the first 4 bars off the original track on your computer, then loading it into a looper pedal with USB input or SD card so you can just start it, then play the bass line over the top?