Why become a member? ×

Played Through An EBS TD350 Last Night

Phaedrus

Talk about [i][b]PUNCH![/b][/i]

And power!

Both in so much abundance. It was a real surprise how much power & punch that compact rigs gan deliver.

It was a multi-band benefit gig and the PA was a hired Dynacord Cobra rig. Again gazillions of power, punch, headroom & clarity.

Guitarist had a Mesa pre/power rack & what looked like a 4x10, rather than a 4x12.

The backline belonged to a cand called The Great Escape, bar the drums. When I say the cab could have been a 1x15, I guess it could equally have been a 2x10, or even a 2x12 - it was a smallish single cab, tucked away in a dark corner and I didn't really get a chance to have a good look. The bass player used a black carbon fibre Status 5-string. And he could PLAY!

I plugged into the EBS to give the sound guy my signal and instantly LOVED the tone the owner already had set up.

Once the gig started (we were first up :) ), the bass tone turned to mush. I could feel & hear plenty of bass, but bugger all clarity. The bass & guitar were both coming back through a single front monitor and one beside the drummer, so maybe that coloured what I was hearing somehow. In honesty, although we know that sound from FOH was fantastic, the on-stage sound was quite bad - definitely worse than when we use our own gear.

Anyway, it was a great night and it was great to see so many local musicians out together on the same night, all playing songs and supporting each other.

Mark

I share the love! I recently played on the TD650 and it was awesome! When I have the cash, I'll either see if I can pickup an EBS classic pre, or mebbe look at the TD650 again. I'm loathed to sell my poweramp, so the EBS Classic pre maybe the way to go. NIIIIIIIICE!

I suspect it was the usual issue of too much through the foldback under ya nose, getting in the way of what was coming from the backline. I have had the displeasure of having to play some really poorly engineered monitor mixes.

One venue springs to mind where they would keep asking for the backline to be turned down so low, the drums themselves masked everything! honestly! Then we asked the nice engineer to cut us just a little slack, he proceeded to shove everything through the foldback, which was a row of 'budget' 12" cones, cranked to the max. Those little boxes dont like bass, as ya know. Then he had the audacity to suggest he wouldn't rebook the band as it sounded like we had no idea what we were doing. What a *swear swear swear swear swear* !!!