Why become a member? ×

Dingwall Custom Super J 4. SOLD.
£2300

funkle

Hi all

I need to fund expensive studio equipment. That means one of the stable has got to move. So, up for sale is my absolutely mint Dingwall Custom Super J 4 string. I ordered it custom in 2012 and received it early 2013. Used in studio only, not gigged live, in tip top condition as you would expect. Awesome tone, extremely resonant, easy to play, no issues of any sort. One of my favourite basses.

Specs:[list]
[*]Alder body with tone chambers
[*]Dingwall's Candy Blueberry colour, as used on the Lee Sklar basses
[*]Maple neck - satin finish
[*]Pau Ferro fretboard - 34.25" - 32" scale
[*]Pearl Blocks
[*]Novax® Fanned -Fret System™
[*]Super Fatty pickups
[*]Glockenklang Preamp - Volume (p/p active/passive), Pickup selector, Treble (tone in passive mode), Bass
[*]Chrome Custom Bridge
[*]Chrome Hipshot ultralight tuners
[*]Weight: 3.7kgs / 8lb 2oz
[*]Original gig bag and tools
[/list]
Mark at Bass Direct helped me get it sorted out, so I'm using his photos for now, though will upload others. The blue colour is hard to photograph but is stunning as you would expect. It is essentially in the same condition as shown in the sale photos. These are just teasers for now...

It is absolutely one of a kind, I know of no other Dingwall Super J's ordered in this colour. Light, well balanced, gorgeous neck profile.

It's up for[b] [s]£2300[/s][/b][s].[/s] [s][b]£2100.[/b][/s] [s][b]£1900.[/b][/s] [s][b]£1800.[/b][/s] [b]£1500. SOLD. [/b]New, it would cost you 6 month wait and cost well in excess of £3k. Quite far north of that, right now.

Open to offers, but I am not interested in trades. It will ship insured and packed extremely well in the gig bag in which it came. If you wish to have me ship in a hard case, that can be negotiated.

Pete

Updated with new (non-stock) photos, which show the colour depth considerably better.

Edited by funkle

Bump for proper pics. Sorry for the delay to those who wished them, just had to dig out the camera and do a little work.

So mint, you can see my fingerprints in a few spots...

I will reiterate: I know of no other Super J's in this particular colour.

Edited by funkle

Tha[quote name='eloann' timestamp='1397557568' post='2425044']
Nice. I got one not unlike this on here recently. In case anyone wonders how it sounds :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vws4G1CLumQ
[/quote]

That was fun...haven't heard that song or band before..guess I need to get out more...thanks!

Edited by icastle
Link fixed.

[quote name='Gazza 2905' timestamp='1398780909' post='2437524']
I keep on looking at this! It would make a great 'companion' for my blueberry Sklar.

Alas, I took out a big loan to pay for the Sklar, so it won't be happening! :(

GLWTS :)
[/quote]

Thanks. Haven't seen many Candy Blueberry basses kicking around!

Edited by funkle

• 3 weeks later...

Just bumping for a pic update. I found an extremely small mark on the back of the bass near the battery compartment. It is very small and extremely difficult to photograph, but nonetheless for the sake of completeness I though I should get a pic up. I've done my best....but the fact is it's pretty damn small and damn near impossible to photograph! Cicrled it as best I could in MS Paint...I can email high res pics if needed.

The candy blue shows up nicely under the flash though...

Edited by funkle

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...