Why become a member? ×

Bass player/bassist mags for sale
£3000

Having a clear out . I have lots of bp mags from the very early days until the late 90s.
Also the whole series of bassist. One of two are tatty, but most are mint.
This is a feeler at the mo'. What I'm thinking of doing , is sending 5 at a time .
I would charge £8 postage for each shipment. The mags would be 20p each.
Total cost would be £9 . Uk only .royal mail special delivery.

It's a feeler as I say . I may change my mind. I know some people have been selling some on here ,and some are wanted.;) post only. Now let's hear your comments,)

Edited by RAY AGAINST THE MACHINE

• 2 weeks later...

Hey there - a subject dear to my heart.

I think that moving mags on is a great idea - they are horribly expensive at around the £5 mark, and are still perfectly readable/enjoyable/informative even when read months or years alter.

I got some from another member here - and when I did, the main cost, is, as Ray has laid out, the mad cost of Royal Mail postage now.

5 mags come in at about 2 kilos, and the only cheap way is, in my opinion, to use My Hermes - that way you can still drop the parcel off at a local My Hermes shop of your choice - a bit like going to a post office - and you get a receipt & could shave a few quid off a 2 kilo parcel within regular UK postcodes and you can get "signed for" facility as well if you want.

It's a pity that there couldn't be a central depot/library for all the mags, or, perhaps a "you send me yours & I'll send you mine" arrangement......but if everyone is buying Bassist, then you would all be trying to swap the same mags.

There must be a way round this............. :unsure: