Why become a member? ×

Bass MOT

Owencf

Im taking Blondie away for MOT on the weekend to get some minor repairs done.
Tom Murray is based nearby in Aberdalgie near Perth anyone had dealings with?

Its 2 seams to reglue, new Bridge and redoing the endpin hole or fixing an endblock (which i hope it is not the latter).

He has also been kind enough to meet me at the station although we have not agreed on a price but an approximation was around £170 Inc New bridge and a layup of 7-10 days of which i wll be concrete about unless he has a loaner.
The job is still dependant on what i feel when i talk with the bloke and the price we agree on.

oh dear, you'd swear that it was a child of mine... :blink:

Input welcome.

I had a new Despiau adjustable bridge fitted and Fishman Full Circle (supplied by me), and a general healthy check, which only involved moving the sound post a little and a good clean up. Obviously the action and curvature was set up to my preference, but it didn't need a skim or anything else.

I paid £200 for that service and I was pleased with the result and happy with the workmanship and price.

I have heard from very good sources that you can deal with confidence with Tom. I have never met the gentleman, but I do know a very good musician friend of mine who has had work done by him and he was both excellent and cheap.