Why become a member? ×

Lefty Photo Gallery

sblueplanet

I need to update my family photo, but here's the herd:

Back: Right-handed [b]Engelhart [/b]strung left-handed.
Front, l. to r.: Right-handed [b]Kingston[/b], strung left-handed; 1977 [b]Fender Precision[/b]; 1999 Mexican [b]Fender Jazz[/b] (since sold); 2010 or so - [b]Hofner V62[/b] reissue; 2007 or so - [b]Indie[/b] custom finish electro-acoustic (32" scale); 1987 [b]Hofner 187 "Shorty"[/b] travel bass (one of only a handful known to exist; 28" scale).

Here's what I replaced the Mexican Jazz with:

[b]1967 Fender Jazz[/b], w/bound neck, block inlays & lollipop tuners. Non-original pickups.

And as seen in the [i]Reviews[/i] section, the [b]Gaskell Thunderbass [/b](2013):

This is where the F(ake)ender is at right now. Alligned the tuners and the neck pickup, schielded and grounded everything properly, also made a couple of new pickguards.

For the pickguards I'm still undecided which I like more:

This one.

Or this one.

Two things still need to be fixed, the volume pot is a on/of affair and the pickup poles are not all grounded properly.
It's starting to become a player.

Edited by blablas

[quote name='sblueplanet' timestamp='1397158826' post='2421362']
@blablas If you could be bothered I would spray the heafstock white and stick with the original black guard.
[/quote]Nah, boring black and white, not going to happen, it needs some color accents.

Edited by blablas

[quote name='blablas' timestamp='1397163917' post='2421468']
Nah, boring black and white, not going to happen, it needs some color accents.
[/quote]

I completely agree, don't try and replicate something it isn't. Your choice of colour is spot on, it's different but also tasteful and considered.

As someone who is not totally up with basses, i am not sure what it is. Looking at the headstock, is it an Alembic? I just can`t make out the label on the headstock.Whatever it is, it looks very nice.

Edited by timmo

[quote name='timmo' timestamp='1397236707' post='2422142']
As someone who is not totally up with basses, i am not sure what it is. Looking at the headstock, is it an Alembic? I just can`t make out the label on the headstock.Whatever it is, it looks very nice.
[/quote]

Sorry, should've labelled it. It's a Spector LX Euro Classic, with Aguilar Pre-Amp and a HipShot extender too. Just arrived from Bass Direct today, been on order since beginning of Jan, but worth the wait.

Time to go plug it into the rig, then pub after...

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='LeftyJ' timestamp='1398967553' post='2439586']
Love it! Is that the one that was on eBay until recently?
[/quote]No. I didn`t see the one on ebay. Did you see how much it went for? I bought it new last year from Bass Direct

Can't remember what it was listed for initially, but it has been on eBay for months, in Germany. Final listing was 820 euros, and it appears someone made an even lower offer and got it: [url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Clover-Avenger-4-Lefthand-Linkshander-Left-hand-Lefty-RARE-/310895398683?pt=Gitarren&hash=item4862cf4f1b"]http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Clover-Avenger-4-Lefthand-Linkshander-Left-hand-Lefty-RARE-/310895398683?pt=Gitarren&hash=item4862cf4f1b[/url]

• 3 weeks later...