Why become a member? ×

Lefty Photo Gallery

sblueplanet

Hi Polymad, and welcome. The best way to post photos on Basschat is to upload them to a site such as Flickr or Photobucket or Picasa etc., then copy the link to the JPG file and paste it into the box that appears when you press the photo icon in your reply field (the square button with a green tree, in the toolbar above the typing field).
There is also the option of uploading the pic to Basschat, but the system is pretty buggy and cumbersome and best avoided.

• 3 weeks later...

Made another pickguard today, This one is for my OLP MM2.

It's not really a job I like to do, if you want to do it right it is rather time consuming and boring to make one.
However, it's a nice simple way to get a instrument with a different look and in the end it is worth the effort.

Edited by blablas

[b]And one more...[/b]
Today this one arrived at my doorstep.

Warwick ProSerie Corvette Std 6 FL

Ever since I build me a fretless six string a couple of years back, on which I was just not able to play decently due to it having a 35 inch scale, I wanted a fretless sixer.

I'm able to play fretless fairly well on a 34" and have been doubting for a long time to build me a new one but with a 34"scale, when all of a sudden these Warwick basses came by at Thomann (big German music store) at a very nice price, roughly about the same as it wold cost me in materials and parts, I did not need to think very long and just bought me one.

For the time being I'm done buying!! [size=1](I hope)[/size]

• 1 month later...

The rest are two acoustic basses, a four string and a five string, they are standing in my living room.
And then there is an old double bass thing that stands in the way somewhere in a corner in another part of my living room.

.... Or do you mean the empty spaces? That's a work in progress and will be filled in due time. B)

[quote name='blablas' timestamp='1415057743' post='2596334']
The rest are two acoustic basses, a four string and a five string, they are standing in my living room.
And then there is an old double bass thing that stands in the way somewhere in a corner in another part of my living room.

.... Or do you mean the empty spaces? That's a work in progress and will be filled in due time. B)
[/quote]said in jest matey , as in, "is that all you've got". I own 7 basses and got moaned at cos i was looking at another on ebay.
Got any Ps for sale?

Edited by rogerstodge

• 3 weeks later...

New toy, a BaCH BPB-60 butterscotch.

Custom-order, started out as a bit of a 'lack of lefty offers' jest on a Dutch bass guitar forum, the Dutch importer took up on it and did some asking around with BaCH, this bass is the end result.

A big thanks to Rob at [url="http://www.numberoneguitars.com"]NumberOneGuitars[/url].

Edited by blablas

• 3 weeks later...

And the most recent new toy, hopefully I'm done buying for a longer period of time now!

Harley Benton PB-Shorty.

Fun little bass, unbelievably well built for its price (70 euro's at Thomann, this one was even cheaper, 60 euro's B-stock).
Mechanically everything is okay, reasonably well finished, no sharp fret ends, only the tuners sometimes feel a bit vague.
The thing that really needed to be done was a proper shielding job, this is absolutely necessary. Also sanded the back of the neck lightly with 1200 grain sandpaper, and of course put on a set new strings and done some fine tuning.

For its 30" scale it almost sounds as a full sized P-bass, at least to my ears.

Edited by blablas