Why become a member? ×

NCD - Barefaced Gen3 Super Compact

deanovw

[quote name='dave_bass5' timestamp='1402597941' post='2475219']
This will be the first gig in years that ive not used my 1212L.
[/quote]

Would you at any point consider selling your 1212L? Assuming a good outcome with alternative cabs, of course.

I had a dep gig in Newquay last night and took my rig of doom. I had only met the guys in the band once for a run through last week so they hadn't seen the super compact. They were a little sceptical - until the sound check! It was all smiles after that. The gig was great fun too.

Back line only, drums and one of the guitars were miked. Small vocal PA. No sweat for the super compact.

• 6 months later...
Guest monsterthompson

I've got a G3 Midget and Compact. I love the Compact with a bright Mesa tube head and my P, but I can see how the OP would find it plenty bright with his Jazz. I like the Midget with my Genz Class D amp and my Jazz. Combined, they sound great in any configuration of bass and amp. I do sorta wish I had gone with two Midgets; the Midget brings a bit more top end, but not tons, which makes it feel a little less mid focused and still solid in the lows, and silly easy to move around. I will get my first real solid test of the stack this week. I warmed the stack up in my apartment, and it sounds epic.

Guest monsterthompson

... I also needed my English to English translation seeing "chuffed" used earlier, as I think of chuffing as a bad thing with speakers. I get it in this context though.

Guest monsterthompson

[quote name='deanovw' timestamp='1418679698' post='2632341']
I was planning on getting a second super compact eventually but now that the mIdget is here I am actually glad I didn't get another compact. I think for my need needs this set is much more flexible.

[/quote]
I was considering adding another cab, and I looked at the BB. I might have liked it, but i'm happy where I am.