Why become a member? ×

roqsolid cover

kevvo66

Well my roqsolid cover arrived this morning oh it's fits my acme low b cab problem is this just like dust cover can't access the handle to carry the cab holes in the wrong place and it as small tear too any ideas people I'm not iimpressed at all especially at nearly 50 notes grrrrrr

Edited by kevvo66

Have you checked if the cover matches the measurements you provided? (Unless this is one of the regular covers they offer). If it doesn't match what you ordered then you're quite right to complain and in any case if there's a tear in the fabric that needs addressing - I'm quite surprised hearing about this and there's another BC member having similar issues - the custom cover I ordered a few months ago is pretty much perfect.

[quote name='HowieBass' timestamp='1396722227' post='2416808']
I'm quite surprised hearing about this and there's another BC member having similar issues - the custom cover I ordered a few months ago is pretty much perfect.
[/quote]

+1 They generally have a good rep and my power cases were perfect too. Get in touch with them as see what they say.

I ordered two covers from my measurements provided for my Schroeder SP12's. When they arrived, I gave them then once over, put them on the cabs and left them for a while. Needing them for a rehearsal, I tried to pick them up and found that I couldn't get my fingers into the holes to grab the handles.

I got straight into the phone and spoke to Bryn (one of the owners). He couldn't do enough to help me. As agreed, I sent them both covers and they were returned within days all fully adjusted. A couple of days later I received a cheque in the post from Bryn to cover my postage costs sending them back!

Based on this experience and that if previous, I think they are the best product on the market. Get in touch with them and no doubt they'll put you right.

I'm in no way affiliated, related or whatever to them.....

Might be worth taking a photo of the cover as fitted to the cab to highlight the problem areas and send it to them so they'll know how far out their pattern is (hopefully so that they won't make the same mistake twice).

Edited by HowieBass

I had the same thing myself last month but rang them up and they put it right straight away. They are good with customer service - I've placed a few orders over the years and one went wrong before as well and they were the same then. Very laid back, apologetic and quick to say they'd sort it. They'll get you to return the original back 2nd class but refund the postage once it arrives. As you say at £50 it should be right but speak with them and they'll sort it for you, I'm sure.

[quote name='kevvo66' timestamp='1396721223' post='2416797']
Well my roqsolid cover arrived this morning oh it's fits my acme low b cab problem is this just like dust cover can't access the handle to carry the cab holes in the wrong place and it as small tear too any ideas people I'm not iimpressed at all especially at nearly 50 notes grrrrrr
[/quote]

Well, unfortunately it seems like I'm not alone...I don't mean it in a bad way Kevvo66
See my thread here:
http://basschat.co.uk/topic/233446-custom-bass-cab-cover-issues/page__pid__2418965__st__30#entry2418965