Why become a member? ×

Sigh! my effects order

JustaBass

I know there are many opinions regarding the order of effects on a pedal board just looking for
a bit of advice for mine having bought a few recently.

The darkglass B7k i may decide to have on all the time,with that in mind any thoughts
on the follwing pedals.

Tuner :- G.Labwowee wah :-mxr octave deluxe :-B7K :-mxr bass chorus deluxe

I know the octave should track early etc just not sure about the B7k

Thanks for any advice/thoughts.

Edited by JustaBass

Try every order. Stick with the one that gives you the best combination of sounds (eg, YOU prefer Octave into Dirt, or Dirt in Octave). The only right way is the way that sounds best. Whatever the general consensus is, it's wrong!! It's your gear, and it has to sound killer to YOU! As you have so few pedals in the setup there's no excuse to not try all the possible combinations. GO!

FWIW I usually go with pedals that make the greatest change to the sound first, that way the more subtle effects can be used to augment the more dominant ones (rather than having their effects obliterated by the more dominant ones). And I like to have filters last for similar reasons. So I'd go Octave > Dirt > Chorus > Wah.

What sort of sound are you after?
The only "right" order is the one that makes the sound you like. I was octave> dirt> filter> chorus, but I changed the last 2 around a couple of weeks ago. However, I'll probably change that again soon & try the chorus on the <110hz channel to see if I like it.
My sound is dub, wub, techno electronica.