Why become a member? ×

Hartke LH500 with VT Bass

JackieMoon

the vt bass is far from scooped imo (can get massive mids out of it) ..... the bass driver is though!
this is my set up ,in front is miles better.
i swaped my preamp tube for a premium jj ecc803 and it sounds bloomin lovley :-)

Edited by danbowskill

Agreed, I've put V1 of the VT Bass through a real time analyser and with the bass, mids, and character at noon and the treble at 10 o'clock, it was pretty much flat with a 5k speaker sim rolloff, and you can dial in a mid boost from there.

The LH500 has a passive EQ so mids are probably cut only, if so that knob should be cranked and then backed off a little to taste.

Edited by dannybuoy

Agreed with everyone above, run the VT in front of the Lh500. I have an LH500 as my amp and it is as people say a passive tone control on the mids so it's purely cut BUT the clever thing about the amp is that it doesn't just adjust a specified frequency band on each knob, it compensates each change you make to balance out the frequency curve a bit better.

-that's what the manual says anyway and it does seem that way when you adjust the dials-