Why become a member? ×

WITHDRAWN: Aria Pro II Precise bass, Nordstrand, Hipshot
£650

DiscoTetak

[b]NEW PRICE: £490. I have over £600 invested this bass, but I need to sell it soon so there it qoes.[/b]

This beauty was made in 1977 in famous Matsumoku factory in Japan. It has been in my possession for the last 4 years. It was in really bad shape when I got it, so I lovingly brought it back to life. This is the list of things that have been done in course of years:
- professional re-fret
- Nordstrand NJ4 single coil pickups
- Hipshot A-style brass bridge
- replacement tuners from CIJ Fender jazz
- threaded inserts for neck/body connection - neck will never shift
- CTS & Bourns 250k pots
- bone nut
- 2x9V battery box in the back of the body - ready for any active electronics
- copper foil shielding

Action is low and can go much lower without fret buzz. Fret job was really good. Truss rod is fully functional with a lot more room for adjustment; it moves smoothly and neck is super stable. It intonates perfectly and is in perfect working order. I re-stringed it with new strings yesterday. Body is made of 2 pieces of [s]alder[/s] ash.
On the bad side, it was played a lot and it shows. There are numerous dings and scratches, but that is expected for almost 40 years old instrument. I thought about having it refinished, but I like it the way it is now.

This was my number 1 bass for 2 years, but I have been playing my 5 string more and more, so it doesn't see much action anymore.
I accept Paypal or bank transfer.

Hi-res pictures can be seen at: [url="https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B5MDVjUZ1SpASTBNdGhiTU03UXM&usp=sharing"]https://drive.google...UXM&usp=sharing[/url]

Thank you for looking! :)

EDIT: Price dropped to £590.

Edited by DiscoTetak